Author: RENREW

Where are you buying your so much missed Bread, Cheese and Sausages [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-9-24 09:49:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-9-24 09:49
futsanglung Post time: 2013-9-23 17:07
Do not tell the China Customs, they do not like you bringing any foodstuffs

Customs "cleared" some spices out (nutmeg and one or two others) ;) rest was left OK.

It is "The Magic At The Airport" - not approved items (like some spices) just dissapear before a luggage is on the belt.
It's fine by me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-24 12:50:58 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-9-24 09:49
Customs "cleared" some spices out (nutmeg and one or two others) ;) rest was left OK.

It is "The M ...

Have you evern made bread without butter/fat/oil and the crust is crispy ?
I read that to form the crust, add steam in the oven so the crust will be formed well. I thought steam is for  moist and softness.
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-24 14:57:54 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-9-24 09:49

It is "The M ...

The food detector dogs are usually in evidence at Shanghai Airport, they remove around 15% of bags for further inspection

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-24 16:29:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-9-28 06:23
shengshi Post time: 2013-9-24 12:50
Have you evern made bread without butter/fat/oil and the crust is crispy ?
I read that to form the ...

to make a crust ...

I put the bread/roll/bun in the boiling water - just for a few seconds,
then I bake it in the oven.

If You want to make it in the "bread machine" - have to know the moment between the rising and baking, and then use the hot water on the outer layer.

I don't use a fat in yeast-dough, except if I want to make "olive buns" and some kinds of pizza.
My "everyday recipe" is very easy: wheat flour, lukewarm water, salt, sugar, yeast
...and the patience :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-24 16:49:30 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-9-24 16:29
to make a crust ...

I put the bread/roll/bun in the boiling water - just for a few seconds,

What do you put?
You mean you put the bread in the boiling water---not the half-baked dough into it? Then it's re-heat .
The dough you just knead or the bread?
Thanks for sharing.
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-25 06:52:06 |Display all floors
shengshi Post time: 2013-9-24 16:49
What do you put?
You mean you put the bread in the boiling water---not the half-baked dough into i ...

Yes, I put a kneaded dough in the water after the second rising stage, and BEFORE baking.
If You do it only for some seconds - You can have crunchy outer layer. It should float.
Don't keep it too long.

I found this way while practicing another recipe - obwarzanki
long (30-seconds-1 minute) boiling is OK for the boiled buns (obwarzanki), but to have a crust - 5-10 seconds on each side is enough.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.