Views: 5764|Replies: 16

What Do You Think Should Be Done With The One Child Policy? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-18 22:35:30 |Display all floors
This is a issue that affects many people and families. What is your views regarding this? What do you think should be done?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-19 10:31:54 |Display all floors
Cancel the birth control policy, whoever want more children, give them rights as human.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-9-19 10:50:22 |Display all floors
Extend it globally. We need an over all reduction in the world's population and though hard a one policy method works. I'd also advocate lowering of taxation for couples and people who have no children.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-9-20 15:44:58 |Display all floors
Maybe loosen it a little? It is already getting loose, decade after decade.

The name is not adequate, when most of the people can have with no big problems 2 kids.

2+2 model can still be stabile, and give more chances to a wealthy "autumn of the life".

One child policy is strict now only tor CPC members, military, police and a government service of any kind.
Reality is 2+2 - as far as I see among my friends and Their families.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-20 16:48:12 |Display all floors
Due to the imbalance it is causing in male/female ratio it will have to change. There will soon be serious problems with far too many males trying to find a wife.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 01:13:30 |Display all floors
I can understand out of a population viewpoint why a government will impose such restrictions on its citizens.

In the west or western countries, people tend to have only one or two children, as any parent wants to give their children the best possible future and with today's rising costs, it is just impossible to do that if you have a large family except if you are ultra rich and living costs is of no factor for you.

But there is nations who actually encourage their population to have large families. I was wondering, is it some sort of conquering strategy on the part of these nations?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-21 10:41:59 |Display all floors
From 2000 to 2010, the averagre population growth rate in China is 0.57%(not include Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)
2010.11.1 demo population 1339724852.
If the growth rate keeps the same and not changing the policy, every year there'll be 1339724852 x .0057=7.6million plus
Creating 7.6million jobs is not easy. If the policy loose, what growth rate you'd expect and will you expect the employment rate grows the same or more than the population growth? Excessive labourers  go to Africa, America..... ?
And the food issue, import more food?
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.