Author: futsanglung

She's leaving ( left ) home, bye bye!   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-27 13:34:37 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2013-9-27 09:13
One of the toughest things I learned was going from gas to electric.  I would much rather see the  ...

It is the fact that when you turn down the heat on electric it reacts so slowly the pan still boils over

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 20:18:17 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-9-27 13:34
It is the fact that when you turn down the heat on electric it reacts so slowly the pan still boil ...

Oh I've learned that lesson several times.  So if you don't immediately remove the pan, whatever is in it continues to cook into a mass of unrecognizable whatever it was supposed to be.  Plus they are dangerous as they turn dark when the electricity is turned off and often times many people have suffered terrible burns by thinking, if it's dark, it's cool.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 20:20:42 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-9-27 13:33
Do my best but I am far from perfect

Is being perfect possible for anyone?  My thoughts are 'no' but many people do display this air of perfection in their lives.  Every time I encounter one, the first thing I think is, 'there's another of the world's biggest liars".  They are usually the ones who are furthest from that concept.

Just do what you can do with your daughter and hope that she takes in as much as she can from you, yet continues to grow in her life to become a successful self.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-28 20:26:23 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2013-9-28 20:20
Is being perfect possible for anyone?  My thoughts are 'no' but many people do display this air of ...

There are many on here that think they are perfect, we may disagree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 20:40:34 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-9-28 20:26
There are many on here that think they are perfect, we may disagree.

Oh did I give you that impression?  

I was just reading through the new enforcement of rules and regulations.  Well, it certainly didn't take long for several people to blatantly show their disrespect for everything written, yet they still exist in print.  I find it so amusing.

I was reminded of a few lines of an old Three Stooges back and forth.  "If you do that again, I'll,  I'll, I'll . .  ." say Schemp.  "You'll do what?" asks Moe.  "Nothing" replied Schemp.  Seems not far from that thread.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-28 21:41:55 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2013-9-28 20:40
Oh did I give you that impression?  

I was just reading through the new enforcement of rules an ...

Yes, the thread that talks of reform has posters openly breaking the rules in it, what is the point?

You are insulting the 3 stooges in your reply, they knew what they were doing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-29 08:59:26 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-9-28 21:41
Yes, the thread that talks of reform has posters openly breaking the rules in it, what is the poin ...

Don't tell Moe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.