Views: 18248|Replies: 48

Why should I learn English?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-13 17:33:00 |Display all floors

I am a post 85 generation girl. When I began to study in primary school, more and more school children start to learn English with their private tutors. Our school offer us the English classes from Grade 3. But the at that time, learning English just like playing games, especially for  eight-year school children. Because we didn’t have any sense on this subject. Parents and teachers want us to learn, OK, we learn it! When we began to study in middle school. English has became a subject and its place was equal to Chinese and Math. During my middle school and high school study. English became my “BEST FRIEND” because I had to meet it many times a day and I should show my best tolerance to it! In those days,  the goal of leaning English was to attend the exam and got high points, not to communicate with people! So, When I finished the Chinese famous GAOKAO. I nearly forgot all the grammars which I had remembered. I thought I can leave it forever and I don’t want to be its slave anymore! But the fact was , I was fall in love with it! Because I don’t have the pressure of learning English any more. And I use it as a tool to communicate, to make friends and gain knowledge! I experiences the happiness of learning a second language!

Do you want to learn a second language? Why do you want to learn it? Share your experience with me!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-13 21:10:02 |Display all floors
At school, I have no interest in learning English, but for the test, we have to learn it. Now , it is changed, I am interested in it, and have made a big progress, especially in my oral English. It is  about half year that I keep on learning it. I believe interest is my best teacher. At the begianing of learning it , I just want to change a better job, so I spent a lot of time in it , then I have found that, it's much more efficiently than in the college in learning it.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-14 10:26:24 |Display all floors
lyeen Post time: 2013-9-13 21:10
At school, I have no interest in learning English, but for the test, we have to learn it. Now , it i ...

I am so curious about your interests in learning English! In my opinion, if someone has suffered so much on something, it will be very hard to love and  get the interest again. How did you  do that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-14 12:40:33 |Display all floors
you know when you have more pressure on the work, you need to learn English to get a better status, I bet you must have some ideas to overcome it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-14 23:40:19 |Display all floors
I'm working on learning Putonghua.
The car is red. I am not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-15 01:21:49 |Display all floors
Learning English is a good idea. If Ho Chi Minh had not learn English or French, the Southeast Asians would had not been able to become free and Independence from the occupiers who speak English. To defeat your enemies, you must learn the enemies' way. Learning other's language also help you make friends while defeating enemies.
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-15 07:12:59 |Display all floors
Or maybe, don't treat others as enemies?
Hey, Hmoon! Did you get your demand to be paid for your posts?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.