Author: sunnylin01

Chinese Siesta   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-6 22:03:21 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-9-5 15:58
He should not have tried to count them

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 22:04:44 |Display all floors
bjLily Post time: 2013-9-6 09:18
Most foreigners I know don't take a nap at noon.
Wondering siesta is something of "Chinese characte ...

Wondering siesta is something of "Chinese characteristics".

I think so.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 22:05:39 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2013-9-6 14:09
Normal for south Europe to take a siesta

Where in South Europe?

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 22:32:20 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-9-6 22:05
Where in South Europe?

You've never been to Spain turkey brains? Siesta is, actually, the Spanish word for "nap". Why do you think there would be such word in a language?

Dough!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 22:35:36 |Display all floors
Siesta (or nap as we know it in English) was a well known practice between the Romans troops settled in the south of Spain, known as those times as Hispalis (the actual Seville). The soldiers had to lay down and sleep to avoid the heat of the summer. This became a sort of "tradition" that was then extended even to school.
Not all parts of Spain have the siesta as a tradition, but certainly it is well knwn in south Spain, where it is almost impossible to find anyone or anything in between 2 and 4pm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 22:54:19 |Display all floors
Mexico and South America also take siestas.
I enjoy a nap every day. Old age does that to you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-6 22:58:02 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2013-9-6 22:54
Mexico and South America also take siestas.
I enjoy a nap every day. Old age does that to you.

I think everyone needs to take sieatas,it's good to our health !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.