Author: DSseeing

Would China be more harmonious if prostitution was legalized?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-4 17:14:52 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-9-3 17:24
Sorry, he was detained as he solicited prostitutes in China, which is illegal

Thanks for clearing that up!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-9-4 17:35:51 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2013-9-4 16:31
I think you are also missing the point futsanglung is making. If you can not stop it then make it le ...

There are a raft of alternatives in between. Such as decriminalisation of the actual act of prostituion but still keeping it illegal and then going after the patrons of prostitutes, as well as the pimps and madams. This is the method adopted in Sweden and they have reduced prostitution very successfully.  Medical screening doesn't require legalisation. In NSW for many years the prostitutes collective (sex workers collective) and at least one medical clinic provided free regular HIV and STD checks to working girls despite prostitution being illegal. They also provided accurate information on STD's and their prevention as well as handing out free condoms to the sex workers. They had free access to not only street workers but also those working in brothels. China should look at alternatives and parading the girls naked in the street doesn't work. They should do that to the clients. No clients, no prostitution.

I do not condone nor condemn the prostitution. My view is that real men don't need to use prostitutes nor commit rape, they use will power to curb their sexual desires if they don't have a sex partner.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-9-4 18:52:01 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2013-9-4 12:04
If that is your case! Would you like to see your mother, wife and daughter(s) as prostitutes?

Different point.

The vast majority of sex workers choose that way of life, if they want to be paid and others wish to pay then where is the problem?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-4 20:29:57 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-9-4 11:52
Different point.

The vast majority of sex workers choose that way of life, if they want to be pai ...

They should look at the German version of it and improve it
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-4 22:34:41 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-9-4 17:35
There are a raft of alternatives in between. Such as decriminalisation of the actual act of prosti ...

Your points are valid to reduce or control prostitution.
But one has understand that prostitution mostly is victimless crime and both parties involved  are doing it with each other consent. Why real men should curb his desire  to use prostitute if he is willing to pay and the other party is willing to provide service for the money ?

**** I would not involve rape in this discussion because it is totally different topic

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-9-5 01:05:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2013-9-5 02:09
symondsez Post time: 2013-9-4 22:34
Your points are valid to reduce or control prostitution.
But one has understand that prostitution ...

I would suggest you go and find out a lot more about human trafficking, prostitution and the sex trade before you make such blanket assertions.  Some millions of women world wide are in enforced prostitution either to pay off debts accrued by their families or as slaves.  A good place to start is the UN resources on the matter.

Prostitution is anything but a victimless crime and those who are there willingly are few and far between in fact, most have no choice, it's either sell your body or stave in many parts of the world. Then there is the exploitation angle. Sex tourists are pirahas of the worst kind, they travel to poor regions in search of cheap sex and do not consider the damage they inflict. If they were half decent human beings they'd pay full western rates now wouldn't they?

Let me ask you a question, have you ever used a prostitute? Have you ever interviewed prostitutes or seen them die from HIV/AIDS? Have you seen the wreckage that is a living corpse often associated with sex trafficking, or the impossible debts, the beatings and the rape involved in breaking the woman's spirit?  I doubt if you have.

Discussion closed. This topic keeps rearing it's ugly head on this BBS with regular monotony and has been done to death.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-5 03:02:36 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-9-5 02:44
Moslem men don't pay for sex.  Donkeys and goats are free.

盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.