Author: messi30

[Family] CAN CHINESE WOMEN SHAKE OFF THE ¨LEFTOVER¨ (Shengnu) LABEL?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-21 13:49:51 |Display all floors
Yes they can. It is slowly happening.

In the US, by comparison, women became liberated quickly. It all happened in the space of about 25 years, from the 60s and finished in the 80s.

I think Chinese women (in general) are great. Sometimes they are gold-diggers, but if they've reached 30+ years old, and found out they've screwed themselves by being too picky or busy in their 20s, then they are on good behavior.

Chinese men will wise up eventually.

Do you know, in America, there is a different problem: women always go for the most attractive men, even if they treat them badly. They keep trying for the model-esque guys, and wonder why these guys dump them the moment a new woman comes along. So here, there are successful, respectful, friendly guys who are not very handsome who are ignored, while the shallow women go for the empty-headed gym guys.

I once liked a girl, and she turned me down because I'm not tall enough. I'm 5'8" tall, and her "specification" was "at least 5'10" tall."  I was taken aback; hurt. I decided she is a shallow woman and took a fresh look at her. She was short herself, maybe 5'2" blonde, and not that pretty. She will be left-over soon enough, I'd wager. She'll find a tall handsome guy who will realize he can do better.

I chatted with this girl as friends for a while after that. Do you know what she did? She decided she wanted a baby, but didn't necessarily care if she had a husband. So she found a guy she wanted to date. Told him that "birth control is on him"; didn't make him use it. She got pregnant pretty quickly and had his baby. I don't know what happened to them after that. :)

Another time, I found an Indian lady who seemed really nice. I pursued her for a bit, but she turned me down, because I'm not Indian/wrong religion. Too bad, but I consider that a bit less shallow than the previous lady. It's nice to have the same culture sometimes; one always knows the expectations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 03:01:48 |Display all floors
RENREW Post time: 2013-9-20 14:59
You forgotten to mention old mother Merkel from Germany

You right.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 03:15:42 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-11-21 13:49

In the US, by comparison, women became liberated quickly. It  ...

Care to explain how is happening? For how long have you been in China?

There is not any woman in the highest position of the government. If there not nobody there, It won´t nobody to speak for those women.

Do you know, in America, there is a different problem: women always go for the most attractive men, even if they treat them badly. They keep trying for the model-esque guys, and wonder why these guys dump them the moment a new woman comes along. So here, there are successful, respectful, friendly guys who are not very handsome who are ignored, while the shallow women go for the empty-headed gym guys.

I used to live in US for many years, I have children in university, I have met her friends, males and females, I have relatives, I have friends over there and I have never seen such kind of description as you said. I saw it in movies and for sure it happen but not as a generalization as you described here.

Probably in university times its possible to happen, young females and males are more liberated but even like that its not the majoirtiy who behave as you said.

I once liked a girl, and she turned me down because I'm not tall enough. I'm 5'8" tall, and her "specification" was "at least 5'10" tall."  I was taken aback; hurt. I decided she is a shallow woman and took a fresh look at her. She was short herself, maybe 5'2" blonde, and not that pretty. She will be left-over soon enough, I'd wager. She'll find a tall handsome guy who will realize he can do better.

I chatted with this girl as friends for a while after that. Do you know what she did? She decided she wanted a baby, but didn't necessarily care if she had a husband. So she found a guy she wanted to date. Told him that "birth control is on him"; didn't make him use it. She got pregnant pretty quickly and had his baby. I don't know what happened to them after that. :)

Another time, I found an Indian lady who seemed really nice. I pursued her for a bit, but she turned me down, because I'm not Indian/wrong religion. Too bad, but I consider that a bit less shallow than the previous lady. It's nice to have the same culture sometimes; one always knows the expectations.

A personal experience doesn´t reflects the reality of a whole country.

I have had mixed experiences there and most of them were wonderful.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.