Author: messi30

[Family] CAN CHINESE WOMEN SHAKE OFF THE ¨LEFTOVER¨ (Shengnu) LABEL?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-9-5 19:44:13 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-9-5 14:53
The variety of gender in the power would make better laws and better desicions to manage a country ...

It should be.

Pity that I do not see more females in my country that standing in a higher position .
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-7 14:46:40 |Display all floors
The only advice that I have for these women is the same for any one is being put down for any reason other personal actions that got them in disfavour.

Ignore the critisim add up the good things in life and set goals for the future.  Then embrace life with passion and devotion.  Pursue your interests and hobies and meet people through your passion.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-15 00:59:17 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-9-7 14:46
The only advice that I have for these women is the same for any one is being put down for any reason ...

Very nice advice indeed.
Sadly it´s a singular problem in each of them that affect deeply their hearts and the solution is in each person who is part of a society with prejudices.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-18 17:20:39 |Display all floors
We have no control on this situation. In China today, more women aim to be independent, however, men seem to prefer women less independent, maybe they consider less independent women look less formidable. Men love to control not be controlled. Maybe this is part of the reason there are more and more left-over women. Just my personal view.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-19 10:10:51 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-9-1 14:10
You are right too.

The problem is very wide and complex.

The truth is, very few men want to marry a woman who is above their intellectual "status". Men (in general) like to feel like they are smarter and more successful than their partners. Women, on the other hand, prefer to marry someone who is at least on their intellectual "status". Very few women are interested in being with someone that she has to care or provide for. In China, more and more women are getting formal educations (which is great) so that they can have successful careers. Unfortunately, some men see this as threat and they are not attracted to more intelligent women. This happens all over the world. Why do you think the Taliban is so dead set against women learning how to read? If women are "smarter" than men, there are some men who fear that they won't be attractive to the women, and thus, they will be "leftover men." Despite some older women shaming younger women into marriage, the idea behind "leftover women" is completely mysogynistic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-20 14:59:03 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-9-2 23:51
Cristina Fernandez -  President of Argentina

You forgotten to mention old mother Merkel from Germany
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-11-16 05:49:08 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-9-19 10:10
The truth is, very few men want to marry a woman who is above their intellectual "status". Men (in ...

CLEARLY YOUR HUSBAND MARRIED SOMEONE  OF A LOWER "INTELLECTUAL STATUS"..WHO THEN FOLLOWED HIM TO CHINA....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.