Author: messi30

[Family] CAN CHINESE WOMEN SHAKE OFF THE ¨LEFTOVER¨ (Shengnu) LABEL?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-31 08:11:42 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-8-31 01:49
You are right, Chinese men should realize that the gender and age doesn´t make a better person b ...

"I am too old for that " just a sentence like many years ago when people met on the street, they asked :"have you eaten?" It means nothing. Deep inside, nobody believes she/he is too old.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-31 12:41:43 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-8-31 01:57
The traditions and social customs should change and adapting to current times.

If you mean the pa ...

it is easy to say than done
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 13:18:25 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-8-31 05:14
I've been young and I've been Old....."YOUNG IS BETTER"

Sammy you never will change

but young ones doesn´t know to cook well

they need personal training
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 13:27:08 |Display all floors
KristaChen Post time: 2013-8-31 08:11
"I am too old for that " just a sentence like many years ago when people met on the street, they a ...

Probably for you doesn´t mean anything.

I avoided to post the whole conversation about the "I am too old for that ". She was clear in her meaning and she told me how things works here with people in her age.
I encouraged her to change her mind. I shared diverse videos (at that time youtube wasn´t blocked in China) about different  activities and how people of our age have fun abroad and she got surprise because there is equality of genders and the social prejudices on middle age peope doesn´t exists.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 13:27:45 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-8-31 12:41
it is easy to say than done

Yeah but it´s my sincere wish.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-1 05:26:00 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-8-31 01:49
You are right, Chinese men should realize that the gender and age doesn´t make a better person b ...

It is up to personal character for me. some people wish to have fun all the time whoever younger or older, some   are like to stay home and watching TV. Eg. I tried many times to bring some of my friends for Taiji excerice, they just said either too busy or lacking of confidence to do it.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-9-1 14:10:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-9-1 13:21
If you read my reply to Mrs Wrong's post you might realise that it is not just MEN who stigmatise  ...

You are right too.

The problem is very wide and complex.

I´ve read an article about this problem.

It was the story of a succesful woman in her 30s who can´t find who to marry. Most of them are not only under pressure, they are also under represented and under threat.

For example in Latinamerica the presidents in Brazil and Argentina are females and looks like the next Chilean president also will be female, Mrs. Bachellet. Peruvian government has 9 female ministers in the power (just talking about highest positions, also there are a lot of mayors, governors and female leades everywhere)  while in China  there's not a single woman on the ruling Communist Party's seven-member Politburo Standing Committee.

My question is

When it comes to women's issues, who will speak for women?

And when it´s about preferences I remember what a female friend told me.

In China, men in their 20s looking for girls in their 20s. Males in their 30s looking for girls in their 20s. Men in their 40s looking for girls in their 20s and they should be at least average good looks. Sure, it´s her appreciation but it make senses to me.

Going back to the single wealthy woman in the article said

Chinese people often think males should be higher in a relationship in every sense, including height, age, education and salary,

This leads to a phenomenon in which
A-grade men marry B-grade women,
B-grade men marry C-grade women and
C-grade men marry D-grade women.
Only A-grade women and D-grade men can't find partners.

Well, this it´s a males and females problem. A social problem. A National problem and IT SHOULD CONCERN TO EVERYBODY who really wants to build a harmonious society.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.