Author: messi30

[Family] CAN CHINESE WOMEN SHAKE OFF THE ¨LEFTOVER¨ (Shengnu) LABEL?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-30 17:38:54 |Display all floors
Ageism seems to be a major problem in China and not only for women wanting a husband. Talk to any woman over 30 who has tried to get a job.

The Shengnu situation might  change as the imbalance in male female population works its way through. It is not unusual now to find that a classroom has only 25% (or less) girls. Soon men will need to stand in line while the girls choose a suitable partner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 01:49:17 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-8-30 04:51
First of all, most Chinese men have to get over the mysoginistic attitude that women over 30 are "ol ...

You are right, Chinese men should realize that the gender and age doesn´t make a better person but also the women should do something to make the change.

Years ago before to I get married I met a Chinese woman, talking with her our culture differences I told her that my older sister went to party, a classmate reunion in a private club in my country and they were drinking, eating and dancing a lot having an unforgetable time and her first comment was ¨I´m 42 and I´m too old for that¨, I said What??? my sister at that time was 44.

I noticed that many people over 40 thinks the life is almost over and boring or simply they lost the enthusiasm to have fun.

Personally I considerate the women in their 40s are in the best age of their life. Physically and mentally mature and imore nteresting in all aspects

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 01:57:27 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-8-30 15:18
The tradition is women are supposed to get married before 30, otherwise it would the very hard.
Wha ...

The traditions and social customs should change and adapting to current times.

If you mean the paradigms imposed on a family, we should  chose the ones that helps the personal development and to leave the disturbing ones.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 01:58:11 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-8-30 15:23
There are plenty of western men who see women over thirty as young, sexy and great company to be w ...

Agreed

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 02:07:11 |Display all floors
KristaChen Post time: 2013-8-30 15:36
Not to mention men's attitude or any other pressure from the society. It is the nature that human be ...
For a woman, the golden time to born a baby is around 25 to 30, maybe 35. After this period, body funcation is down day after day.

Bring a baby to this world is a bless but the fertility period in a woman is not a reason to lost the value as a person for the ¨leftover¨ women.

Nobody has the right to interfere and to prejudging people´s life

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-31 02:21:02 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-8-30 17:38
Ageism seems to be a major problem in China and not only for women wanting a husband. Talk to any wo ...

Agree with you.

Ageism to get a job in China is really sad. A neighbor in her 40s tried to find a job in several shops in a near shopping mall  but was impossible for her to get it.

Every time i take a plane to come to China from Southamerica my first flight is with American Airlines where the crew are from all ages, then I take the conection in SF or LA with a Chinese airline and all the female flight attenders are in their 20s

That´s the first impression without to put a step on China yet

Now, I don´t want to imagine a ¨shengnu¨ unemployed

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-8-31 05:14:54 |Display all floors
I've been young and I've been Old....."YOUNG IS BETTER"
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.