Views: 12465|Replies: 40

Does the Chinese people knows another cultures other than the West?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-28 16:57:37 |Display all floors

Having participating in this forum for several years I found in them that their main concern is the West when its about foreign issues in all aspects.

As a Southamerican native I have to confess that sometimes i felt out of place in different threads in discussion. For example in the last month I´ve read threads as ¨Western recipes¨, another one as ¨Can you squat? how long?¨ where in the text the questions are directed to US, UK, Canada or other European counries. Well, it´s not about discrimination but seems it´s about preferences or the posters think the viewers only knows those countries?
This it´s not a criticism against them but just an observation.

When people in this forum talk something about abroad they use the term the West for good or for bad but it´s a constant term.

At the begining my experience in China was full of surprises, people didn´t know where was located Colombia, Ecuador or Puerto Rico. If I mentioned Chile I should point it out as a reference Messi from Argentina or Ronaldhino from Brazil, finally they got it but still I have those inconvenients with most people when the topic appears.

Latinamerica is a place with a real diversity of cultures and ethnicities.

With 3 New wonders as Chichen Itza in Mexico, Christ The Redeemer in Brazil and Machu Picchu in Peru.
With important ancient civilizations as Aztec, Maya, Nazca and Inca.
With an important number of Chinese inmigrants in 19th century who planted their roots and built big and strong Chinese communities.
With a strong economic and commercial relationship between Chinese government and Latinamerican countries, etc, etc. etc
I think things should be a bit dfferent but it isn´t.

Some of the characteristics of the Latino are: friendly, warm, romantic, caring, creative, spontaneous, open minded, frank and most of them are good dancers. we love to dance and to drink. Probably for these reasons some people stereotype us as lazy people too, but it´s not true.

There are many reasons to know more about the external world and I am sure someday Chinese people will know more about other cultures.

How much does Chinese people knows about other cultures other than the West?

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-28 17:27:03 |Display all floors

Colombia
The Land of the good Coffee
Beautiful country with a very happy and great people

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDY5MTg2Njg4.html
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-28 17:33:10 |Display all floors

A trip 20 years back - Amazing video

My wife found this video and she shared with me.

Very touching video

We will go there soon to visit Machu Picchu, people said its a magical and breathtaking place.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDY1MzQzMzQw.html

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-28 17:51:16 |Display all floors
I found this video by myself

A brave Chinese woman challenging the adventure in Latin America.

Nice video.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQ3OTU2OTQ0.html

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-28 19:17:47 |Display all floors
As a Chinese, your question really made me to think about it ,as I knew little about the culture of Latin America, it is not only because we have no chances to know the people from there but also in the daily life we do not see many visitors from Latin America. More we see and hear often is USA, Eruopen countries, UK etc .  Only through the football I knew Southamerica or Latinamerca. This is really a good thread to know more about that part of the world, and the videos are interesting to watch it.

I admire the Shanghainese lady how she got courage to visit that far far away world, it should be amazing trip .
What I really know is the musics are so passionate and girls are hot there.

Is that true?

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-28 19:20:51 |Display all floors
Besides that I saw some movies that there are many drug dealers in Columbia, for me it is very dangerous to live there.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-28 21:28:51 |Display all floors
IF you already knewn about south amerika then you wouldnt ask if the chinese kno anythin 'bout south & central amerika...'cause tons of chinese livin there for centuries already (guyana first chinese president & japanese president in peru)...south & central amerika is the gateway to get/sneak in the US for most illegal immigrants  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.