Views: 2906|Replies: 4

How much you cost to start the first year in University? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-20 10:06:02 |Display all floors
Recently, a letter to freshmen’s parents from Zhejiang University, one of the top universities in China advised that they give their children an allowence of 600-800 yuan per month. Could 600 yuan be sufficient? Many students complain that it is impossible. So, how much is the real cost for a college freshman?

Many parents love their kids so much that they believe that their beloved ones should have everything that others have and they will try their best to fulfill the needs.

Mr Wang works in a state-owned bank. His daughter was enrolled by a university in Xiamen. According to Mr Wang’s estimation, over 40 thousand yuan is needed to start his daughter’s first year in campus. It will include: new clothes(3,500 yuan), an iphone5 and a laptop(14,000 yuan), a new travel suitcase(1,380 yuan), makeups(2,000 yuan), daily necessities(1,500 yuan), passenger tickets(8,000 yuan), living expenses for the first semester(5,000 yuan) and tuition fee (8,000 yuan).

Zhang He, a professor from Shenyang Normal University said that it is the parents’s responsibility to set up a good example about spending money for their children. “ Sometimes parents have to say no to their children’s unreasonable demands. If a child keeps asking for something, be patient, try to find out the motive and then come up with a better solution together with the child.”
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-21 13:58:53 |Display all floors
parents should not spoil their children.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-21 14:03:04 |Display all floors
295237818 Post time: 2013-8-21 13:58
parents should not spoil their children.

but not all parents know that. especially some Chinese parents

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-21 20:36:46 |Display all floors
That is ridiculous. These young adults are spoiled. When I was a student, I lived off about $10 per day for food. Granted that was about 15 years ago, but I was on a tight budget. My parents sacrificed a lot for me to go to the University of my choice. Like every other student, I occasionally bought a new outfit or "splurged" and ordered a pizza, but I understood that I was a poor college student. Entitled college students who can't live on a budget grow up to be spoiled adults who end up in significant debt. Hopefully, more students will learn the difference between "need" and "want."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-22 14:30:56 |Display all floors
my whole university education did not cost CNY 40,000

new clothes(3,500 yuan), an iphone5 and a laptop(14,000 yuan), a new travel suitcase(1,380 yuan), makeups(2,000 yuan), daily necessities(1,500 yuan), passenger tickets(8,000 yuan), living expenses for the first semester(5,000 yuan) and tuition fee (8,000 yuan).

Iphone 5 ---why ????
Laptop --- is she going to join CAD/CAM course ? If the purpose is word, QQ and weibo then 5K laptop is sufficient.
Make up - Seriously ???????????????????

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.