Views: 15562|Replies: 29

Are you considering leaving China for the air pollution?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-16 21:01:27 |Display all floors

I’ve been living in Beijing for more than 10 years. Beijing is environmentally far less livable than when I first came here. I really missed the days when the sky was blue, clouds were white and the weather was great for outdoor sports. But as air pollution worsens in China, everyone around me is talking about leaving. For the expats who work and live in China -I know many of you do -I'm quite curious to know if you’ve ever considered leaving China. Do you think air pollution is really the most important reason for the exodus of expats from China? Will air pollution be a big challenge for Beijing to attract foreign talents? Is air quality your first priority in choosing where to live? Looking forward to your feedback.

1.jpg

Single choice vote, There are a total of 12 people participating in the poll
50.00% (6)
50.00% (6)
0.00% (0)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 21:26:32 |Display all floors
I do not live in Beijing. I live in Wuhan. Within the past 6 months, the amount of foreigners relocating to Wuhan from Beijing has been noticeable. The reason cited by most of them for leaving Beijing is the air pollution. Wuhan's air is not perfect, but it is markedly better than the aqi's that Beijing has been experiencing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-16 21:30:31 |Display all floors
and it's indeed a nation kapital  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e128:}{:soso_e120:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-16 23:06:23 |Display all floors
yesterday  i visited a friend who just diagnosed cancer and had an operation on time. During the time at her home, some friends did talk about moving to somewhere with better air quality. But it is easier to say than to do. How many people can afford to relocate their entire family from now and then?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-17 10:24:16 |Display all floors
Been in Beijing for almost ten years.  China is just experiencing what we faced 50 years ago: an economic boom..important is making money..  But their speed is much higher and they are quite sensitive to the environment.  So I guess they will do their best to get a better situation.                                          

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-17 11:44:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-17 15:48:29 |Display all floors
of course air quality is an importance for the decision where we are living, at least this is my opinion. but move and relocate in another city is not easy, especially if you have economic pressure. i had did it before which make my life fall back. i move to another city due to changed a job in order to have a better salary. however salary is not all in my life. i did't bear the air quality of the city and the job, and my girlfriend cannot find a approriate job, all this made us feel gloomy. so every time of you decision is very important and please make thorough analysis.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.