What about now?

Not any other activity?

Nope. No time to nurture another sport hobby
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-14 11:20:48 |Display all floors
greatlady Post time: 2013-8-13 19:40
I do not find myself in that photo, perhaps I was out of the corner of that activity.

It is not e ...

Is it for better health or self-defense?
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-14 14:19:14 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-8-14 11:20
Is it for better health or self-defense?

It is for better healthy. For self-defense, anyingthings in your hand can be weapons. The fan I am using is made of bamboo and little stronger than any other types, that is why were called Kongfu fan( 功夫扇 ,太极功夫扇)。 Here is the link about this practice.http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTgzNDczMDU2.html
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-14 18:45:58 |Display all floors
Most person said we do less and less activity due to lacking of time.In other words we are under more pressure and should take more responsibility not only to our family but also to our work.I have to admit it is absolutely right in some circumstance.But I have other thought and can discuss with each other.Sometims we chose other activity or just stay at home because of our poor interest of it.It seems we can not get fun of it and do not think it is nessary for our healthy until one day we realize that we are really tired.Sport can relax us after a whole day work.Some people may say they are not interest in activity.That's beacuse then have not get fun of it.I always think sports is a group activity.we can not only improve our healthy but also communicate with each other through it.Such kind of activity is meaningful thus making our life more colourfull.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-15 09:36:55 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-8-13 17:17
In Latin culture, everybody start to dance in early years, we really enjoy it.

I´m not dare to r ...

Riding a bicycle - is the activity I do the most Xiamen has a beautiful path and quiet road along the harbour. I can ride safely from my place half an hour in one direction and an hour and a half the other. I would not want to ride on the main thoroughfares in the major cities.

Kayaking  & Hiking are my favourite  (I always wear a lifejacket when in a canoe or a kayak)

Snorkelling. Zip wire, white water rafting: are three activities I tried for the first time in the last three years and would do again.  I learned to swim as a young adult or late teens but never really became a good swimmer.

Ice Skating  - Aug 13, 2013, I went Ice skating in Xiamen indoor Ice Rink - it was the first time in over 30 years.  Growing up in the country in Canada I skated frequently in outdoor rinks we made in the back yard and at school but stopped the practice when I moved to Toronto at age 19.

Badminton - never played enough to get good at it but have been playing it in Xiamen

Weight Training and Aquatic exercises – I learned aquatic exercises in 2009 to maintain body strength and flexibility. I hired a personal trainer for 10 lessons each in 2005, 2008 and 2009 to help me develop and revise a personal fitness plan and to ensure I was doing the exercises properly. The goals of exercising are to get and stay fit not to injure yourself as many people that start new exercise routines do. My personal trainer at YMCA said that you get more benefit from aquatic exercises because of the resistance from the water all over your body and there is less impact then doing the exercise on a track or weight machines.

Body & Mind  - stay fit stay healthy (longer)

I want to learn Kite boarding - The school near me in Xiamen does not offer lessons in English and my Chinese is not good enough to take the lessons in Chinese.

I would also like to learn Chinese exercise routines but my education time now is consumed with learning Mandarin.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-15 10:02:23 |Display all floors
xiaolin_yuan Post time: 2013-8-14 18:45
Most person said we do less and less activity due to lacking of time.In other words we are under mor ...

{:soso_e181:}  

Yes I agree with you it is a responsibility to yourself and your family.

Some corporations will pay part or all of annual membership fees for employees at gym’s or fitness clubs because they know exercise is an essential ingredient to make or maintain a good mental and physical health.   People that exercise at least 30 minutes a day improve their ability to think clearly, make good decisions  and maintain good health by managing their stress.

Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-15 12:34:55 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-8-13 18:28
try the ZUMBA classes. It's very popular here in the States

What is Zumba?

Any videos to show us here ?  Thanks in advance.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.