Author: blackielau

Foreigners, are confused over where and what is Chinese Territory. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-6 02:10:22 |Display all floors

tsupasat

I am confused, you strted a thread on USA Republican maps and ended with this sentence.

" china does not need authoritarianism, no matter its history."

Yes, I am very confused.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-6 02:51:16 |Display all floors

confucious and china's history

when i talk to people about authoritarianism in china, they tell me that china has always been ruled like that, and that it is necessary for china to stay a strong country.  

china's history shows that strong rulers who forcefully responded to internal threats were more successful than weak rulers.  

but this does not mean china's government should suppress dissenting views today.  instead, china should benefit from the different viewpoints and ideas coming from its own country.  

by hiding and suppressing dissent, the government only causes trouble for itself in the future.  

the government should allow greater political discussion and even political opposition.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-6 03:04:59 |Display all floors

tsupasat

You say you are American

As an American, have you not yet learned your lesson's of running interence into other peoples country's.

Iraq
Afganistan
Korea
Vietnam
South AMerica
Africa

To name but some.

There comes a point in time when you really need to mind your own business and stop trying to invent trouble for China.

That time is now.

You are wrong and that is the end of the matter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-6 03:14:21 |Display all floors

i'm not the only one

other people who care about china are saying the same thing.

including some people in china, but their voices are not carried by the state-run media and they face political persecution.  

hiding from the matter will not make it go away.  the chinese government should allow open discussion and debate.  there is nothing unhealthy about that.  instead, it is unhealthy to hide and suppress the issue.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-6 03:18:21 |Display all floors

tsupasat maybe you did not see my reply

tsupasat

You say you are American

As an American, have you not yet learned your lesson's of running interence into other peoples country's.

Iraq
Afganistan
Korea
Vietnam
South AMerica
Africa

To name but some.

There comes a point in time when you really need to mind your own business and stop trying to invent trouble for China.

That time is now.

You are wrong and that is the end of the matter.

Trying to cause harm and hurt for China using the name of reason and care, is just a CURTAIN for the real aim.

Learn by your present and past errors in other parts of the world.

Take you Fxxx Gxxx books and burn them.

That is the end of the mater.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-6 04:49:20 |Display all floors

lessons learned...

Ok, Luke.  Here are some of the lessons from our involvement in the places you mentioned.  Others should learn these too:

Iraq - Don't act you have weapons of mass destruction if you really don't.  Don't fire on coalition aircraft enforcing UN no-fly zones.  Don't invade Kuwait.  Don't invade Iran.  Don't use chemical weapons on Iranians and Kurds.  Comply with UN resolutions before US amasses hundreds of thousands of troops on your border.

Afganistan - Don't harbor terrorists and then refuse to turn them over to the US when they commit crimes against Americans.  Taliban did not believe Bush meant business.  Where are they now?  Why couldn't they do to us what they did to the Russians?  Easy.  We did not want to take them over - we just want to get rid of the terrorists.

Korea - South is close US ally, rich and free.  North is poor, starving and totally dependent on the US, China and Japan for its food.  This is a tough lesson indeed.

Vietnam - Lots of lessons here.  Number one: when the US wins a war, we usually rebuild the conquered country afterward free of charge.  Now Vietanam is still poor 30 yrs. later thanks to Communism.  Lesson number two: US should never bail France out again from one of their colonial messes.  Best lesson we learned here was for future conflicts - apply overwhelming military force and keep the war short.

South AMerica - When you allow drug cartels to finance guerilla wars close to the US' southern borders, we will probabl y help your opponents.

Africa - Hmmmm.  We haven't gotten into too much trouble here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-6 07:31:50 |Display all floors

superior chinese edubacation

I wonder why so many arabs and asians come to my school to study??  Maybe they are spies, or maybe they can't get the same edubacation in china???  Oh yeah, all of the ones I know aren't here to study english either.

CoolHandLuke, were you involved with your brother in the oklahoma bombings?

tsupasat, i feel bad for you sometimes.  Why, well, because you always try to expose the one sided politics in Ch!na.  Nodoby will ever listen man.  How many times have you seen a thread on here that suggest ch!na's governmet did something wrong??  I think the baby milk thing was the closest, but they didn't hold the government accountable, just the company.  How many chinese have actually replied to a response of yours suggesting they too agree ch!na needs open discussions about government and other issues within the country?  Probably none, because they don't think there are any issues to be discussed.  If you can reach just one of them...that will truly be a quest completed.  Good luck brother!!

"other people who care about china are saying the same thing."
the outrage of the dick cheney thing is a perfect example of an isolated society.  But, they are making progress.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.