Author: Ratfink

How do you spend your weekend? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-7 12:55:12 |Display all floors
I spend most of the day on Saturday washing, chopping and freezing vegetables to be used to make quick meals later in the week. (I work and have three children, so there isn't a lot of time to prepare food in the evenings on weekdays.) On Sunday, I attend church services with my family and then spend the rest of the day relaxing or taking my children on an outing to the park.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 13:32:43 |Display all floors
Recommendation: A good place to go at weekend in Beijing--National Library.  That's a amazing place, you can go to read books, to listen to a lecture or to search the internet there. Anyway, the atmosphere of study is really impressed me.
library.jpg

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-7 16:28:29 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-8-7 12:55
I spend most of the day on Saturday washing, chopping and freezing vegetables to be used to make qui ...

Wow you're a hard-working mom,
How do you feel about being mom of three children?
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 16:53:11 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-8-7 16:28
Wow you're a hard-working mom,
How do you feel about being mom of three children?

It is wonderful! It was a little difficult when they were babies, but now that they are 10, 8, and 5 years old, it is easier to care for them. My 10 year old daughter is pretty responsible and likes to help me do household chores. My 8 year old daughter enjoys playing with her little brother, so she keeps him occupied so I can work on other tasks. I work at their school, so I am able to have lunch with them every day. My job is also flexible enough that I can work from home during the summer vacation so that I can be with them. Children truly are a blessing, and I feel very fortunate to have 3 of them. I think when I return to the USA in a few years, my husband and I might consider adopting another son from our local community.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-8 10:06:23 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-8-7 16:53
It is wonderful! It was a little difficult when they were babies, but now that they are 10, 8, and ...

I guess you're American.
Because one-child policy is strict here.
I admire you for having 3 children.
You're already a successful woman
"Adopting another son " ?
You never run out of energy?
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-8 11:10:07 |Display all floors
I go water vegetables in the suberb

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.