Author: enlightenus

Why are Chinese people so indifferent to strangers?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-6 10:51:01 |Display all floors
I had a bicycle accident when my (then 2 year old) son was riding on the back of the bike. His arm was pinned underneath the bike. I jumped up quickly with my legs bleeding to help him up. He was screaming the entire time. I quickly glanced up and saw about 15 people standing around staring at me. One person was taking pictures with her mobile phone. I picked him up, assessed that he was ok, and started to clean him and myself up. Everyone continued standing around and staring at me. I didn't expect anyone to help me, but the standing around and staring at me ticked me off. There was obviously a child in distress and some woman had the nerve to record it. That was my first, and certainly not my last lesson on how apathetic some Chinese can be.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-8-6 10:53:22 |Display all floors
What is "ideological bagage"?
This is a forum about China, not the Soviet Union.
Can't spell and don't know where you are. You've been drinking too much of that home made
wine again. What's the penalty for brewing your own hooch in Malaysia?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 10:58:26 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-8-5 18:51
I had a bicycle accident when my (then 2 year old) son was riding on the back of the bike. His arm w ...

They were just wondering how stupid westerns can be.
You ought to be grateful they weren't laughing. I would have been.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 11:11:01 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-8-5 20:19
Let's me use that same manner of coming to a conclusion about an entire nation.
Everyday in the USA  ...

Yeah, I'm sure if Chinese people could have guns, they would never shoot anyone...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 11:12:29 |Display all floors
I think it is a mixture of things. Overpopulation, lack of objective moral duties, development of the mind rather than the heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 11:14:52 |Display all floors
KevinGamble Post time: 2013-8-5 19:11
Yeah, I'm sure if Chinese people could have guns, they would never shoot anyone...

The Chinese have enough collective wisdom to know having guns freely available is not a good idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 11:16:04 |Display all floors
KevinGamble Post time: 2013-8-5 19:12
I think it is a mixture of things. Overpopulation, lack of objective moral duties, development of th ...

I see you've neglected your mind from reading your asinine posts.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.