Author: bjLily

Are you confident in food safety in your country?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-6 10:44:00 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-8-6 10:16
Let's see.. in the past 18 months I've had food poisoning three times here in California.
So the ans ...

You should stop eating out of the trash bins.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 10:45:29 |Display all floors
China needs to continue testing all imported foods regularly!!!!!!!!!
龙的传人 (Descendants of Dragon)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 12:53:39 |Display all floors
This is pretty dodgy but it has been handled properly by Fonterra. The real issue in China is the false worship of baby powder which is forced upon mothers and their babies from day 1, despite the fact doctors KNOW it's unhealthy for a baby to drink baby formula in the first month. Having milk powder slows down brain development in the early stages. Mothers have fed their babies breast milk since the beginning of time yet hospitals are paid by these companies to advise parents on day one that their child is underweight and might die (which is BS!). That kind of blatant lie should get more media attention but nothing is said.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-6 14:14:40 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-8-6 10:16
Let's see.. in the past 18 months I've had food poisoning three times here in California.
So the ans ...

Stop going to Chinese restaurant

NB : this is a joke, if you said the same thing and replaced California by China I would have replied "stop going to Mc Donald's"
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-6 14:17:52 |Display all floors
Food scandals are good and a proof that food safety is important.

The only reason there are food scandals is because the government care enough to test the foods.

Of course that's also one of the reasons the prices are skyrocketting.

I am more worried of eating food in India, where there haven't been any food scandal than I am in China, where there have been food scandals.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 16:36:43 |Display all floors
It is all depend on the foods that I purchased!  No confident on most processed foods! More confident on natural foods
龙的传人 (Descendants of Dragon)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 17:01:15 |Display all floors
Food safety will always be a concern, no matter when, where and how stringent inspections will be.
I live in Europe and have worked in China for one year so I allow myself to compare.
But  first I would like to clear some misunderstandings about the horse meat scandal in Europe. In that case actually nothing went wrong, horse meat was ordered and horse meat was delivered and used. All investigations have proven that nothing illegal has been done. The fact that it was not mentioned on the label was not an offence. Therefore ther is no more news on this matter. It was merely an emotional issue.
What is of more concern is a recently discovered malpractice in Germany, where in a lot of meatfactories cheap labour from eastern europe is used under very unhygenic conditions. The images were very clear, staff was not wearing protective clothing, no masks and no gloves. The machines were not cleaned after work and started up in the morning with inspections. Meat that was dropped on the ground was put back in the machine. This meat was labeled as good quality and distrubited all over Europe. I am sure there are more cases like this in Europe.
What I have seen in China, and I have been in quite some small rural area's, was not of the worst and for me, food safety in China is no worse than else in the world. I also appreciate the openess in which food safety is discussed in China, we have had a fair share of tempted cover-ups in Europe.
My experience, the shorter the food chain, the more secure and easier to get your own confirmation.
The longer the food chain, the more people involved, the more risk for gready people that are only interested in making money and not in doing a good job.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.