Author: bjLily

Are you confident in food safety in your country?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-6 08:31:42 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-8-6 04:06
I suspect you meant food safety not food security. ..

Right. Thanks for the correction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 08:35:18 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2013-8-6 05:37
No. Ours seem to be worse than China. Oddly though no one seem to be noticing

I guess it's because of the media exposure and the fact that people in China care more about the quality of the food they eat as the living standards are much better now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 08:57:52 |Display all floors
i worry more about the crap that we americans have been eating than food saftety. the problem with food saftety is shady merchants. get rid of those, then everything is fine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 10:04:58 |Display all floors
There are issues in every country related to food the key is when a scandal happens what is done.

I have confidence in my country that the different levels of government will investigate and require the companies involved to take action to first manage the situation, find out the root cause and implement standards and rules to protect food saftey and where necessary and beneficial to society pursue criminal charges as appropriate.

I am also aware the final responsibility lies with me and other food comsumers to exercise caution and common sense; not just in buying food, eating in restaurants and food kiosks but in the proper handling of food once it is bought. When I buy or cook food I examine it for signs of rotting or tampering.  I always properly clean carving boards, counters, utensils and my hands after handling raw meats and fish.

Yes we need merchants to exercise food saftey practices and for governments to  ensure that appropriat levels of food inspections are carried out throughout the food chain.  There are no 100% guarantees.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-8-6 10:16:56 |Display all floors
Let's see.. in the past 18 months I've had food poisoning three times here in California.
So the answer is NO. I don't have confidence in the safety of the food I eat in the USA.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 10:40:37 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-8-6 10:04
There are issues in every country related to food the key is when a scandal happens what is done.

I ...

I think you nailed it right on the head. Unless you personally grow, raise, and prepare your own food, there is no way to ensure that your food is safe. I think this latest "scandal" is being blown entirely out of proportion. Unlike melamine tainted milk, this toxin wasn't purposefully added. There was accidental contamination. Contamination occurs when proper food handling/ transportation is not occurring. Frontera was 100% honest about the contamination, alerted the proper governing bodies, and recalled their products. All of these steps were appropriate. Frontera is receiving bad publicity from state media because the government can say ,"See. Foreign milk can poison you too. They can't be trusted either.  Buy Chinese milk from state run companies."  I would much rather trust a company that alerts the public to contamination than one that knowingly puts a poison in a product just to make a quick buck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 10:43:14 |Display all floors
With developping of industry, We live in a danger envirement. poluted air, water, whatever we eat could not seperate with the air and water. So we should eat less to keep safe.
with the information technology development,  the problem with food safty is easier to exposal through internet. So we could read so many problems. I think there was many problemes with food safty on the past. but it was limited to exposal.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.