Author: gavingy

Japan’s Aso Refuses to Resign Over Nazi Comment     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-5 17:57:22 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-8-5 01:54
and how are you different from Aso? Too bad nukes on 2 places? I am reporting you to the moderator  ...

Oh I do apologize for implying that Japan should've been nuked more than twice. Sorry if you're offended and please believe whatever offense perceived in my previous comment was unintentional. Have a great day
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-5 18:00:41 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2013-8-5 14:54
I'm still surprised to see so many comments about Aso but not one which says as it is:

Aso may be a ...

Bravo
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-5 18:06:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by gavingy at 2013-8-5 18:11
seneca Post time: 2013-8-5 17:24
This clarification from you has set the record straight. I think that Japan has indeed embarked on ...

As much as I'd like to believe that all Japanese politicians are innocent little virgins, they aren't.

I suppose had they really taken over the whole asia-pacific region during WWII, they wouldn't have stopped at that. The temptation of taking the whole world into one's possession is simply too good to resist. From my observation, the Chinese are eloquent speakers who make every statement of theirs sound as intimidating as possible, whereas the Japanese are the doers when it comes to setting the wheels into motion.
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-5 19:17:50 |Display all floors
ktbond Post time: 2013-8-5 07:27
The majority of Western democracies are on the verge of bankruptcy. How wonderful.

When did all t ...

I feel sorry for you if you think money won't be found somewhere as usual. You might argue that majority of Western democracies have no pot to ..........but are they on their knees?

If not on knees, what is there to crow about? I see a long queue of Chinese people looking to emigrate to the West........not vice versa
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-5 19:24:45 |Display all floors
gavingy Post time: 2013-8-5 13:57
Oh I do apologize for implying that Japan should've been nuked more than twice. Sorry if you're of ...

Implication being twice is okay? Oh dear............ Enjoy your day
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-5 19:32:48 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-8-5 19:24
Implication being twice is okay? Oh dear............ Enjoy your day

Well, do you have a better way to end the war back then?

This argument doesn't seem to lead anywhere. Plus nobody gets nuked these days
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-5 21:37:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-8-5 17:46
gavingy Post time: 2013-8-5 15:32
Well, do you have a better way to end the war back then?

This argument doesn't seem to lead anyw ...

be that as it may.......to glorify what happened is not a good thing.

To answer your question...the bomb did not end it for Japan. Surely you realise that if a samurai can kill himself over nothing, they, Japanese can withstand the bomb and its aftermath.

On August 14, 1945, Japan surrendered and World War II was over.  American policy makers have argued that the atomic bombs were the precipitating cause of the surrender.  Historical studies of the Japanese decision, however, reveal that what the Japanese were most concerned with was the Soviet Union’s entry into the war.  Japan surrendered with the understanding that the emperor system would be retained.  The US agreed to do what Truman had been advised to do before the bombings:  it signaled to the Japanese that they would be allowed to retain the emperor.  This has left historians to speculate that the war could have ended without either the use of the two atomic weapons on Japanese cities or an Allied invasion of Japan.

The US Strategic Bombing Survey concluded that, even without the use of the atomic bombs, without the Soviet Union entering the war and without an Allied invasion of Japan, the war would have ended before December 31, 1945 and, in all likelihood, before November 1, 1945.  Prior to the use of the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the US was destroying Japanese cities at will with conventional bombs.  The Japanese were offering virtually no resistance.  The US dropped atomic bombs on a nation that had been largely defeated and some of whose leaders were seeking terms of surrender.

It was a vindinctive act and yes, no one will dare use the bomb now as there will be consequences.......I mean, US operation in the ME has stopped due to jail breakouts. And during the post 9/11 security measures, a blond, blue eyed iranian opined to me..........how can anyone profile me?   I hasten to add I met him at arm's length somewhere........that caveat is for the wannabe snitch

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.