Views: 17361|Replies: 63

Chinese is the Ancient Race~   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-3 03:02:01 |Display all floors

bones01.jpg

Rachel Kaufman

for National Geographic News

[size=0.875em]Published October 25, 2010

A fossil human jawbone discovered in southern China is upsetting conventional notions of when our ancestors migrated out of Africa.

The mandible, unearthed by paleontologists in China's Zhiren Cave in 2007, sports a distinctly modern feature: a prominent chin. But the bone is undeniably 60,000 years older than the next oldest Homo sapiens remains in China, scientists say.

In fact, at about a hundred thousand years old, the Chinese fossil is "the oldest modern human outside of Africa," said study co-author Erik Trinkaus, an anthropologist at Washington University in St. Louis.

Popular theory states that Homo sapiens migrated out of Africa about 60,000 years ago, at which point modern humans quickly replaced early human species such as Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis across the world.

Finding such an ancient example of a modern human in China would drastically alter the time line of human migration. The find may also mean that modern humans in China were mingling—and possibly even interbreeding—with other human species for 50,000 or 60,000 years.

What's more, the find seems to suggest that anatomically modern humans had arrived in China long before the species began acting human.

For example, symbolic thought is a distinctly human trait that involves using things such as beads and drawings to represent objects, people, and events. The first strong evidence for this trait doesn't appear in the archaeological record in China until 30,000 years ago, Trinkaus said.

Hoping for DNA Evidence

So far, genetic evidence largely supports the traditional timing of the "out of Africa" theory. But the newly described China jawbone presents a strong challenge, said anthropologist Christopher Bae of the University of Hawaii, who was not associated with the find.

"They actually have solid dates and evidence of, basically, a modern human," he said.

Still, the jaw and three molars were the only human remains retrieved from the Chinese cave, and the jaw is "within the range" of Neanderthal chins as well as those of modern humans, added paleoanthropologist John Hawks of the University of Wisconsin, Madison.

"If this holds up, we have to reevaluate" the human migration time line, he said.

"Basically, I think they're right, [but] I want to see more evidence," Hawks added. "I really, really hope that there can be some sort of genetic extraction from this [fossil]."

White people just can't admit defeat = "If this holds up, we have to reevaluate" the human migration time line, he said. STILL have to say human came from Africa.
{:soso_e113:}{:soso_e113:}

盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 10:53:36 |Display all floors
Are you familiar with the Human Genogram Project? I think that's the name of it. It was done a couple of years back from the National Geographic Society. I took part in the testing and I am of Caucasian decent. It concluded we all came out of Africa.
Quote from above:
In fact, at about a hundred thousand years old, the Chinese fossil is "the oldest modern human outside of Africa," said study co-author Erik Trinkaus, an anthropologist at Washington University in St. Louis.
It says "Outside of Africa".
What sort of racist remark or point are you trying to make with this remark?
White people just can't admit defeat = "If this holds up, we have to reevaluate" the human migration time line, he said. STILL have to say human came from Africa.
Are you inciting hate by making this remark? No one said anything about a "competition" regarding ancestry and migration.
And what's wrong with having dark skin?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 11:46:30 |Display all floors
That means:

China can claim the whole planet now ...

out of hstoric reason !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 11:47:08 |Display all floors
The nine-dashed-line needs a major expansive revision.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 13:46:40 |Display all floors
Existing theory allowed for Neathethal man to have reached China 300,000 years ago.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 14:51:03 |Display all floors
I bet he didn't have a Visa.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 18:17:27 |Display all floors
Dillonb1950 Post time: 2013-8-4 10:53
Are you familiar with the Human Genogram Project? I think that's the name of it. It was done a coupl ...

The official party line is.....

Everybody else comes from Africa

Chinese is a distinct line.

All under heaven, tianxia.

They are wrong but still reluctant to accept it.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.