Author: WhiteBear

Driving tips in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-3 08:54:00 |Display all floors
The older people in the 3 wheel carts, boom boom cars, scooters and bikes act like they own the roads, don't obey any traffic lights at all - only look forward.
The most scary thing now to me is children on bikes doing the same thing, having ear buds in and listening to music so they can't hear the horn.
Have seen many get nailed at intersections, its not a pretty sight.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-3 10:49:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by gulfalco at 2013-8-3 10:50

the most dangerous thing I do here in China is go to work and back
1. in only 3 months I have already been on buses involved in 2 accidents!
2. waiting for the bus and getting off it I risk my life as scooters, cars, bikes roar by, completely heedless of who is around them, one time somebody, luckily going slowly, ACTUALLY HIT ME
they were looking down at their iphone(clone) as they went along
3. at crosswalks, when it is green, thats supposed to mean go for those of us already waiting
and STOP for others, this seems not to apply in the slightest
4. in cabs, I watch as time and time again, the drivers make unsafe lane changes or turns without any signaling at all
-in short, the roads here a nightmare, they have caused me to COMPLETELY RETHINK how I think of Chinese people in general
before coming here I thought of them as being relatively law abiding people given to a wantinig of "order"
this, of course, was mainly based on previously only knowing "Chinese Americans" who tend to be the most respectful, hard working, ON TIME people I know in America
being in China has changed all that
IF ANYTHING, China needs MORE POLICE, not less, I cannot believe I am saying that as a long time liberal, but really, the roads here are murderous and are why I would not (currently) suggest that anybody I know visit this country
though it is wonderful in many other ways...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-3 22:41:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 03:22:51 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-8-3 22:41
Have seen a truck driver reversing on a victim, killing the guy thus avoiding paying his medical b ...

I never done drive in China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 15:18:24 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-8-3 22:41
Have seen a truck driver reversing on a victim, killing the guy thus avoiding paying his medical b ...

And they consider themselves civilized, what a joke.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-4 22:17:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-8-5 08:40:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-8-5 09:31

wwwDSCF1533_plus.jpg

wwwDSCF1538_plus.jpg

wwwDSCF1541_plus.jpg

Example - in this place traffic "left to right (on th picture)" have priority.
There is a pedestrian crossing only - about 20m to the left

However "unofficially" bikes crosss the road too - using the "slots" cut in the barier -  and everything is fine if the bike drivers keep attention and give the priority to others.

This man managed to strike the lorry btween the wheels...
and had a luck, because the lorry driver was not speeding and stopped almost instantly.

Lying on the street is a common custom, no matter if need (like in this case - when the impact was serious), or not (small scratch). Many drivers seems to do it for the same reason the footballers (soccers) do it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.