Author: WhiteBear

Driving tips in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-2 15:42:32 |Display all floors
Have you got a problem with "crossing roads with Chinese style"
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-2 15:57:12 |Display all floors
I drive all over too, yell, curse and give fingers - but locals don't care, esp. those on bikes.
Never take bus or subway... too many people and very stinky.
I've found having to look in every possible direction and anticipate what these morons will do has made me a better driver in the long run when I travel back to civilized societies.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-8-2 16:01:55 |Display all floors
Rearwindow Post time: 2013-8-2 15:42
Have you got a problem with "crossing roads with Chinese style"

Hm... Currently I have no problems with this.

Where are the traffic lights - I obey, but in the other places I "go with the flow" :)

And here is other thing that I realised... many drivers of the 2-wheelers seems to have problems with predicting the position of moving objects. Where I see the clear path and drive not changing the speed - many of Them suddenly stops and accelerate, and stops... Pedestrians moves much more smoothly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-2 16:08:46 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-8-2 09:21
I find wanting to change them leads to nowhere. Join them and you live a better life in China. It  ...

I drive everywhere too.  And trying to change old dogs never work.  Know where I can buy a horn that says "FCK YOU" in Chinese?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-8-2 18:05:11 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-8-2 09:23
The Rat is chickening out ..?

No I am not chickening out. I just know when it's better to hire a driver and or tank.

On a more serious note, I have driven in China, it wasn't that bad, Mexico City, Jakarta, Bangkok and Cairo are way worse, but for outright crazy (and I will not willingly drive there), Moscow or Russia.  The Russians really are crazy when on the road.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-2 23:11:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-2 23:14:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.