Author: voice_cd

Share the touching stories around you     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-8-5 15:49:56 |Display all floors
the last time I had tearfull eyes  happened a few months ago, it was the day when I see off my boyfriend in the railway station, I was deeply touched at the sight of his tears when the train was to leave, maybe it has ever happened each time when he or I turn round to depart, but it is the first time that I caught the sight, quite moved and reluctant to part
desperate for positive energy, and get rid of worries and sorrows

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-6 15:10:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Fookchew at 2013-8-6 10:14

There is a little humanity in all of us.

In March, my brother-in-law (a pastor)  and his wife visited me in Shanghai, China's most affluence and cosmopolitan  city.  I took them to the sixth floor of Metro City at Xujiahui. Understandably, like most English educated Singaporeans they were skeptical of Chinese people's mannerism having heard of the "not so refined" behavior of Chinese.

Coming to China for the first time, they were impressed by the great wealth and development that were all around.

Then, I noticed my brother-in-law, half through at our lunch table was staring at something a few tables' away. I asked  what caught his attention and he drew us to the table where an old man (a recycled plastic bottles collector) were picking  leftover food off the tables. And a family of five rather respectable looking people invited him to join their table for a while before they moved off. One of the ladies called him "uncle"and then asked him to carry in the meal as they left.

" I could not believe my eyes that China still had people who cared," the pastor sad, his eyes welling up in tears, "this happening in China?"

When the old man was eating all by himself, something occurred. The dish collecting girls were doing their rounds and when they came  to this old man eating the leftovers, one of the girls attempted to clear the leftover dishes from him (whilst he was still eating). She clearly acted in a way as if to push him to leave whatever he was eating. Shocked, we stood at a distance and watched. The old man then used his arms to embrace the remaining dishes and hurriedly gorged down the food. He even choked a bit. He probably didn't know when he next meal would be.  The girl stood there and looked at him with disdain. And as he walked off, she swept all the dishes into the bin giving him an angry stare.

There must a serious class issue here, I thought. Later we learn that these girl employees come mostly from the countryside. We were at a loss at what we saw and cannot relate to the rural girl's behavior toward the poor old man who obviously was living from hand to mouth.

Then we were at the lift, the old man was at the lift too, with his bag of recycled stuff. He stood upright and pressed the button for everyone to enter, he himself going in last. In the lift he was polite, holding on to the buttons for those vacating.

"He is a principled man," my sister-in-law said softly and with a crack in her voice.

"Imagine if he was my own father," she muttered.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-7 06:55:05 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-7-31 07:20
I am immune to all human feelings after my experience in this forum.

I end up intensely hating and  ...

You may not be so lucky the next time you have such an encounter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-8 13:07:00 |Display all floors
Just the other day I witnessed an inspiring moment. While walking along the sidewalk in a local business district I noticed up ahead a guy about 30 something years old stop and look at a planted bush in a pot. I saw him pause then reach in and pull out a $10 dollar bill and stuff it into his pocket. I thought to myself "what a lucky guy". Then about a block latter I saw him stop in front of a homeless person reach into that same pocket, pull out that $10 bill and hand it to him. the guy gave him a big smile and thanked him as the man continued on his way. A little further along he went into a small grocery type store. I was curious why he just did what he did and followed him in to ask. His answer was what made his action inspiring. I explained I had witnessed everything from the moment he found the money and asked why he gave it to the homeless person.. This is what he told me.

I have an average life, nothing special. I have a job and earn enough to pay all my bills and keep food on my table. Finding that money felt good, but I am not in need so an extra $10 is not going to make a bit of difference in my life, but it will make a significant difference in his. He will be able to eat for a day at least on that money. I don't give a second though to where my next meal is coming from. I never have, but he has to think about that every day. Now for today at least, he does not have to. That smile he gave me! You saw that too right? Well that felt a thousand times better than finding the money did.
Proud supporter of Blessing Hands Charity.  https://sites.google.com/a/blessing-hands.org/blessing-hands/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-8 13:12:25 |Display all floors
Now for those that enjoy a strong emotional moment of the type that will make you tear up them you must watch this amazing video by Britain's ATTRACTION SHADOW GROUP. http://youtu.be/UvvkJrKKYF8
Proud supporter of Blessing Hands Charity.  https://sites.google.com/a/blessing-hands.org/blessing-hands/

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-8 15:43:34 |Display all floors
yeeka502 Post time: 2013-8-3 09:22
The thing that touched me happened long ago.When i was waiting for the train outside the rail statio ...

magic cube?
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-8-8 15:44:39 |Display all floors
╰☆Almee☆╰ Post time: 2013-8-5 15:49
the last time I had tearfull eyes  happened a few months ago, it was the day when I see off my boyf ...

I also have the same experience
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.