Post time 2013-7-29 12:22:01 |Display all floors
My favorite dish:
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-29 12:23:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KristaChen at 2013-7-29 21:12

1.jpg (152.15 KB, Downloads: 0)
this dish warm you up in the cold winter and make you feel cooler in the summer. I don't know how to call it in English.
My husband and I like it very much. He likes to have it as the breakfast while i prefer to have it before i go to bed. It won't make you feel full but helps you lose weight.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-7-29 20:47:23 |Display all floors
KristaChen Post time: 2013-7-29 12:23
this dish warm you up in the cold winter and make you feel cooler in the summer. I don't know how t ...

What is this soup? some kind of noodles? It looks very nice but I'm not sure of ingredients...

And despite the health benefits, have You any special memories that it recalls?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-29 21:00:30 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-7-29 04:47
What is this soup? some kind of noodles? It looks very nice but I'm not sure of ingredients...

An ...

some sort of egg drop soup with rice and i dunno what the whiteball is but i love anythin with dill it makes my world much briter  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-29 21:08:13 |Display all floors
In Chinese pinyin, it's " Jiu niang wang zi with egg". The ingredients are distiller's grains, egg and fruit of Chinese wolfberry. It is popular in Shanghai and i think many Chinese love it.
I just had this soup for breakfast in the past two weeks. after having the soup, i found myself sweating all over. Isn't it a good way to lose weight? and it also brings me some good memories when i was working as an assistant film editor back to year 2001...well, just need some time to write those special memories down.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-29 21:21:19 |Display all floors
In Chinese, it's called "Jiu niang wan zi". It is a popular dish in shanghai and i know many Chinese who love it. especially in cold winter night, people usually have this soup to keep warm. it's ingredients contains egg, Chinese wolfberry and Fermented glutinous rice balls. It's sweet.
I had this soup for two weeks this month because my husband loves it. It also brings me some special memories back to year 2001. I will write more later...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-30 11:43:05 |Display all floors
KristaChen Post time: 2013-7-29 21:21
In Chinese, it's called "Jiu niang wan zi". It is a popular dish in shanghai and i know many Chinese ...

Fermented glutinous rice balls. It seem there's extra egg in it. I'd like to try it one day.
I like sweeted ground  black sesame seed filling glutinous rice balls steamed and coated with white coconut dust. It reminds me of  snack of the old days.
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.