Author: bjLily

A tiring and disappointing trip to International Garden Expo   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-7-9 11:42:35 |Display all floors
Fake flowers for a fake Chinese. {:soso_e113:}
At least you waited until you had 102 credits so you can get the title of 'primary member'.
Still not going to fool anyone though.
If you're going to pretend to be Chinese you'll have to do a much better job than this.
Just replacing 'take' with 'took', and 'county with country' won't do it.
Nobody is going to believe someone from Beijing with English as a second language is going to write
"I have to say this is the least interesting park I have ever visited".
This would be the embarrassing language of a youngster from the west trying to sound sophisticated.

""I went to China(BeiJing) International Garden Expo this weekend. I have to say this is the least interesting park I have ever visited. As amazing as the flowers are, most of them are actually made of paper. Alas, why took the trouble to build such a garden if all the flowers are fake. Sometime I really feel I don't understand the county.""

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 12:01:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by luckpal at 2013-7-9 12:02
robert237 Post time: 2013-7-9 11:42
Fake flowers for a fake Chinese.
At least you waited until you had 102 credits so you  ...

Did she say she's Chinese?Perhaps  her parents migranted from China to other country?

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-9 12:51:53 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-7-9 11:42
Fake flowers for a fake Chinese.
At least you waited until you had 102 credits so you  ...

I'm not sure I understand your point ? Even if she is not a native, does this mean she cannot be disappointed by the exhibition she saw ?

She is not complaining against China, she is just explaining she did not like the exhibition she paid for. Isn't that her right ? Or should everybody love everything in China as long as it is made by Chinese people ?
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 12:53:09 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-8 20:51
I'm not sure I understand your point ? Even if she is not a native, does this mean she cannot be d ...

I just like pointing out fakes as she does.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 12:55:32 |Display all floors
bjLily Post time: 2013-7-9 09:45
All of them are fake!!!

I think aaooq may have a point and the organizers wanted to display flowers which were not in season. It is also possible that the maintenance fee for plastic flowers is lower than for real flowers. Finally, I remember reading in some of the latest garden exhibitions around China a lot of people actually stole some flowers.

I went to Keukenhof garden in the Netherlands in April and it was packed with Chinese people who were taking pictures litterally lying on the flower beds and with no regard whatsoever for the flowers and the work of the gardeners, maybe this is something the people in charge at the International Garden Expo wanted to avoid ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 12:59:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MisterPanda at 2013-7-9 13:01
robert237 Post time: 2013-7-9 12:53
I just like pointing out fakes as she does.

I just don't see how it is relevant here, she never said she is Chinese so there is no "fake" to be pointed out.
Also you are considering NOBODY on this forum lives in China, so wouldn't it be just simpler to reply about the topic at hand. For example, why do you think the expo organizers decided to go with plastic flowers ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 13:02:06 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-8 20:59
I just don't see how it is relevant here, she never said she is Chinese so there is no "fake" to be ...

Really?
With a name like bjLily and an avatar of a young Chinese woman I would have thought the OP an African man. NOT!!!
What point are you trying to make?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.