Author: angry_bird

[Cross-culture marriage] Why Chinese celebrities want to marry foreigners?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-8 10:30:55 |Display all floors
these days, love is only secondary or tertiary important, what is more essential is what kind of lifestyle they would have after marrying somoene.  I think it is practical and trendy for many countries in the world, especially in Asia.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-8 10:55:52 |Display all floors
Arthurcolt45 Post time: 2013-7-8 10:30
these days, love is only secondary or tertiary important, what is more essential is what kind of lif ...

I believe the point of the OP is precisely that these famous women already are rich (maybe not filthy rich Warren Buffet or Bill Gates style but they are still rich enough that they can live pretty much anywhere they like). So, considering they are already rich and would have strictly no problem having the lifestyle they want wherever they want, I believe the OP's real question, in subtext, is "are foreigners better husbands than Chinese" ?
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 11:18:32 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-8 10:55
I believe the point of the OP is precisely that these famous women already are rich (maybe not fil ...

The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-7-8 11:27:11 |Display all floors
Money is never enough {:soso_e128:}
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 11:31:51 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-8 10:55
I believe the point of the OP is precisely that these famous women already are rich (maybe not fil ...

I was expecting someone to be more straightforward and bring that up. And then you did it. Not sure if this is more of a mentality thing among Chinese women, or just a natural result of China's lightening-speed modernization. But one thing is certain: nowhere else on the planet will you find the axiom "the grass is always greener on the side" truer.

The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 11:36:32 |Display all floors
angry_bird Post time: 2013-7-7 23:39
5. Ma Yashu

Chinese actress Ma Yashu ex-wife of Nicky Wu, married  James Robert Hayeson, an Austral ...

Hi guys, I,m from Australia and have never heard of this guy? All our billionaires (like other countries) are published in newspapers and magazines every year.

It is technically possible, but unlikely, that this guy is Australian billionaire "flying beneath the radar".....

This guy raises my curiosity....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 11:39:58 |Display all floors
Also I don't think I've ever heard of any of the actresses listed here except for Michelle Yeoh despite living in beijing for a while already. Might be that Michelle Yeoh is slightly bigger (but not like a-list level famous) in the states and has more presence in hollywood. Really don't see the reason why their marriages are so newsworthy.
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.