Author: Mr.Chung

[Cross-culture marriage] [Original]Eskimo Women are the Sexiest   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-12 09:13:51 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-7-10 15:20
I heard a long time ago that instead of kissing, they rub noses... Is that true???

Yes, they do loo ...

The traditional Inuit people way of greetings is by pressing their noses and upper lips against the cheeks or foreheads and breathing-in, as to inhale the skin or hair of the person they greet. It is similar to that of the Maoris  in Aotearoa (New Zealand).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-12 09:26:19 |Display all floors
Fookchew Post time: 2013-7-12 09:13
The traditional Inuit people way of greetings is by pressing their noses and upper lips against t ...

WOW, my dog does that to me when I come home from work...{:soso_e100:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-16 17:48:52 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-7-12 09:26
WOW, my dog does that to me when I come home from work...{:soso_e100:}

LOL

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-5-16 21:23:14 |Display all floors
Fookchew Post time: 2013-7-10 11:04
Perhaps we should use the term "Inuit" rather than "Eskimos".
I believe Inuits have Asiatic facial  ...

A question raised on 'The Straight Dope' web site

I want to clear up a question about a certain Eskimo social custom. The question is whether Eskimos loan their wives to strangers. I have heard this claim in various social gatherings as an example of how we might resolve jealousy issues, but I am skeptical and wonder whether this is an urban legend or has specific contextual constraints.

I guess I wasn't the only kid who ever dreamed of running away to join the Eskimos. I notice you use the present tense "loan." Did you have travel plans in case I gave the right answer? Sorry to disappoint, but the Eskimos have gone and let Christianity ruin a beautiful thing.

Since the coming of the missionaries, that sort of thing just doesn't happen any more. Besides which, it never really worked quite the way a certain sixteen-year-old used to imagine.

It's true Eskimo men sometimes let other men sleep with their wives. But did they offer that privilege to any horny schmuck who showed up on the front stoop? Generally not. The lending of wives to perfect strangers happened occasionally in some places, but it was never the widespread custom it has been made out to be.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-13 18:13:54 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-7-10 20:20
I heard a long time ago that instead of kissing, they rub noses... Is that true???

Yes, they do loo ...

Eskimo women are great.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 04:07:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 04:13:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.