Views: 7260|Replies: 8

[Original]How often do you call your parents? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-5 09:50:50 |Display all floors

What I have seen in China, many people left their homes, villages, towns, cities to another places to find a better living. The spare time could be short for certain personal activities, hobbies.or habits, the time is occupied with hard work, hard studies, pressure, worries and new life challenges.

I was surprise when our maid who come to do the house work 4 times per week said  she called her mother and she didn´t know her mother was in the hospital but now she is fine at home, I asked her when was the last time she call her mother, after thinking few seconds she said ¨around a month¨.

In my case I call my parents 2 or 3 times in a week, if I am out of that time, my mother call me, we are always in touch.

Is there time to call the parents?

How often do you call them?

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 10:00:38 |Display all floors
Once a week. I should do better
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 10:07:48 |Display all floors
Usually two or three times in a week. My parents will call me if I'm busy or not in touch over a week. It happens often in China esp for migrant workers who are too busy to call home. In some extreme cases, the eldely parents die alone at home without anyone ever knowing. Harsh reality, isn't it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 10:08:32 |Display all floors
Every 2 days,  my mother talk to me more than my father does
let me know if U like tennis

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-7-5 10:20:12 |Display all floors
I sometimes text my dad messages
You know not many old men like texting.
I call them 1 or 2 times a week
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 13:34:11 |Display all floors
I usually call my mum during my noon break, sometimes I have no words to say, she says"I just look forward your calling,and listen to your voice is enough",most of time,I always talk much to her. If I have time on weekends ,I will go back to stay with my parents. I treasure the time with them as I was send to another city to study alone when I was 13years old. Supporting parents not only means giving much money to them, but also accompaning them, it si our obligation~~~~~~

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-6 20:17:29 |Display all floors
When I am in China I rarely call my parents as they are in the UK but I email them 2 or 3 times a week. When I am back in the UK I call them 2 or 3 times a week.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.