Author: enlightenus

[Cross-culture marriage] Why are Chinese celebrities are eager to give up their Chinese citizenship?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-6 07:19:31 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-7-5 10:00
Isn't it is interesting to note that China requires Chinese mainlanders to have a Visa in order to ...

well there's a reason for it...they also need a visa to travel to Taiwan.........the big reason is in HK and Taiwan they don't allow females to pat down males at airports.....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-6 07:29:48 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-7-5 10:02
Yes legally she can if she is married to an American citizen

I don't think so.....years ago I had dual citizenship....I was born in USA and my Parents were Canadians...at 21 I had to declare ONE (I chose USA)....Now the USA allows dual citizenship....I wonder if I were to apply TODAY if Canada would give me citizenship......

I'm also eligible for Israeli Citizenship as a returning Jew.....AND I can get Irish Citizenship because two of my grandparents were born in Ireland.....     

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-6 07:35:19 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-7-5 10:03
The USA allows dual citizenship, but not China.

now the USA does..but they didn't always...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-6 07:40:46 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-7-5 10:09
exactly she is a resident alien in the United States with a US passport while she retained her Chi ...

to my knowledge resident alien's (my parents were resident aliens for 40 years).....they never got a US Passport......resident alien allows you to stay legally in USA...but it doesn't give you ang rights as a citizen...

I may not be real current on this....I would get some advice from someone.....If she goes to China, they may not let her out....she may have to do the GZ, Hong Kong shuttle...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-6 07:53:51 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-7-5 10:00
Isn't it is interesting to note that China requires Chinese mainlanders to have a Visa in order to ...

it's more like a pass to go to HK...than a Visa..... it's easy to get..

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-7-6 09:21:01 |Display all floors
xoce Post time: 2013-7-5 04:18
But you are not asking for Chinese one, tell us why.

I can move to China with my wife when we retire. She needs to keep her Chinese citizenship.
There is absolutely no advantage of her having American citizenship so why bother?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-7-6 09:24:51 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-7-5 07:19
You keep telling us that you'd move there when you retire! What you fail to intimate is the fact t ...

Ever hear of a job? I have a job here and can't collect social security until I reach retirement age.
Are you stupid or something?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.