Author: enlightenus

[Cross-culture marriage] Why are Chinese celebrities are eager to give up their Chinese citizenship?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-5 17:38:52 |Display all floors
enlightenus Post time: 2013-7-5 10:01
The odds are slim for the Westerners to take up Chinese citizenship. And it's really hard to trave ...

That may be true at this point of time in history.

But the speed in which change is taking place in China defies imagination.  No one would thought that China will replace Japan as the world's second largest economy in so short a time.

I have learned to say "Never say never". We shall see.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-5 18:56:37 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-7-5 09:46
Actually I know quite a few people in China that do it.  If they get caught then who knows what wi ...
If they get caught then who knows what will happen

It happened to a friend of my wife recently. The government confiscated her Chinese passport and ID card and actually used scissors to cut them right in front of her. She also got sentenced to a 500,000 RMB fine and was deported because she did not have a visa to be in China.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 20:18:08 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-7-5 09:22
All three of them?
My wife is keeping her Chinese citizenship so we can move back to China when I re ...

But you are not asking for Chinese one, tell us why.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 20:34:49 |Display all floors
m$ney always makes people do ugly thing...and m$ney always makes people happy happy  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e128:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 23:19:38 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-7-5 05:22
All three of them?
My wife is keeping her Chinese citizenship so we can move back to China when I re ...

You keep telling us that you'd move there when you retire! What you fail to intimate is the fact that whilst you probably would like to move immediately, your wife has vetoed the idea on unreasonableness grounds! Go  on, no one will think less of you if you own up

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-6 03:02:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by RealMadrid1 at 2013-7-6 03:02
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-7-5 10:00
Isn't it is interesting to note that China requires Chinese mainlanders to have a Visa in order to ...

If not you would have every man & his dog trying to move to HK.... Then there would be no room for poor KBay and his goat-herd.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-6 03:36:18 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-5 18:56
It happened to a friend of my wife recently. The government confiscated her Chinese passport and ...

Ouch.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.