Author: enlightenus

[Cross-culture marriage] Why are Chinese celebrities are eager to give up their Chinese citizenship?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-5 10:50:40 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2013-7-5 10:48
Technically no but as a Green Card holder (Resident Alien) she has all the meaningful benefits of  ...

I know that.  But that is why she can still keep her Chinese citizenship.  If she does become a US citizen, then it is bye-bye to the Chinese citizenship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 10:56:37 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-7-5 09:22
All three of them?
My wife is keeping her Chinese citizenship so we can move back to China when I re ...

To use your own words, any statement made on an internet forum proves nothing. So it would also be pointless asking you if you are going to give up your US citizenship, right ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 13:26:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Fookchew at 2013-7-5 08:28

A lot of Chinese celebrities don't necessarily set good examples. You forgot to mention one more - Jet Li who bought a SIN$25 million-dollar property in Singapore and who got Singapore Citizenship. I wonder whether if any western celebrities would take up Chinese citizenship if there was such a thing. But we won't know the true answer until there is such a thing.

That said, it appears that a lot more Chinese now are hesitant to give up their Chinese citizenship than say 15 years years ago. I guess that is a good sign?

BTW, French actor Gerald Depardieu took up Russian citizenship, renounced his French citizenship  and expressed his anger at the French government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 13:27:51 |Display all floors
aria1117 Post time: 2013-7-5 05:27
I went to the US 24 years ago and lived there for 22 years before coming back to China, I became a U ...

Have you ever regretted your decision?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 15:01:41 |Display all floors
Fookchew Post time: 2013-7-5 13:26
A lot of Chinese celebrities don't necessarily set good examples. You forgot to mention one more - J ...

The odds are slim for the Westerners to take up Chinese citizenship. And it's really hard to travel around with a chinese passport.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 15:14:41 |Display all floors
假的 中国不承认双国籍好吗 诚然中国许多不对但讽刺也请真实好吗

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 15:17:16 |Display all floors
楠楠充满正能量 Post time: 2013-7-5 15:14
假的 中国不承认双国籍好吗 诚然中国许多不对但讽刺也请真实好吗

Where is the irony? Please share your thoughts.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.