Author: KnowledgeWisdom

[Cross-culture marriage] [Original]What is your favourite Chinese Love Poetry or Vow? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-10 19:31:17 |Display all floors
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-25 22:24:54 |Display all floors
its wonderful that u translated the chinese ancient poem to english and  this poem was made in thousands years before.its only part of that sad poem.sometimes we ignore whole and pay attention to the part.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 01:06:13 |Display all floors
amber.fan Post time: 2013-7-25 16:24
its wonderful that u translated the chinese ancient poem to english and  this poem was made in thous ...

Amber Are you talking about the first poem?

Give us the rest of the poem and explain it to us. I would really like to see more poems from China here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-26 12:41:48 |Display all floors
KnowledgeWisdom Post time: 2013-7-26 01:06
Amber Are you talking about the first poem?

Give us the rest of the poem and explain it to us. I  ...

yeah.what i said is first poem.
死生契阔,与子成说。
执子之手,与子偕老。
于嗟阔兮,不我活兮。
于嗟洵兮,不我信兮
this poem describe a love story of a leader and his wife.the leader is going to have a war,he fell in love with his wife deeply. he wanted to spend this life with his lover.but he have to go.and he told his wife maybe he would die in the war,and broke the orth  be with each other together forever
         If in chinese ,i like this first poem most,but when it be translated to english,some feeling beyound expression were gone.so i like the second english poem .

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-10-11 17:12:34 |Display all floors
amber.fan Post time: 2013-7-26 12:41
yeah.what i said is first poem.
死生契阔,与子成说。
执子之手,与子偕老。

this poem is my first reading,i feel i am quite shamed for that,but it it's a good piece。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.