Views: 26213|Replies: 75

Are you confident in China’s economy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-2 14:42:04 |Display all floors

Last week’s credit crunch, plus the stock market slump, increased people’s concerns that the economic slowdown may accelerate in China. Recent assessments have also added to a gloomy picture for the economic prospects of the world’s second-largest economy. In its latest Global Economic Prospects report, the World Bank cut its 2013 economic growth forecast for China from 8.4% to 7.7%. So what are your prospects for China's economy? Is China’s economy heading for a crash? Are the authorities capable to have the situation in hand? Please share your thoughts and opinions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 14:47:39 |Display all floors
7.7% growth is better than what the rest are getting. China is just slowing to meet demands.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:38:43 |Display all floors
I have little confidence. Of all my International investments, in the last two years China has performed the worst. India and South America imerging markets are far better.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-2 15:44:03 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-7-2 15:38
I have little confidence. Of all my International investments, in the last two years China has perfo ...

Maybe you put your money in the wrong place? Even a savings account in China can return over 5%.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:48:08 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-7-2 15:38
I have little confidence. Of all my International investments, in the last two years China has perfo ...

As a Chinese old saying goes, a skeletal camel looms larger than a horse.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 15:52:06 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-7-2 15:44
Maybe you put your money in the wrong place? Even a savings account in China can return over 5%.

I spread the risk across all kind of funds and investments around the world. I haven't lost money in China and I don't intend to shift the investment, but other investments have done better (far more than 5%). Incidentally which banks are offering 5% and what kind of account/term?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-2 15:56:48 |Display all floors
I know 5% is not high but you can get better, last week I put some money ( 100,000 ) into a 93 day account and am getting 5.8% tax free, I limited the time as I may need this money in the medium term, other accounts paid upto 6.4%. This is with Bank of China, with CITIC bank I could have done a little better but I prefer BoC.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.