Author: blackielau

Chinese Navy warships visit Hong Kong. (Reuters) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-8 02:12:49 |Display all floors

NYT

Bchung, the NYT has a big name, but their circulations continues to dwindle and they have had internal scandal after scandal.  I don't read it, except for the links that show up on some other sites I surf.  If the NYT thinks a story is objectionable to their edit. board's point of view, they either sit on the story, ignore it or write it the way they want people to view it.

Anyway, I don't think too many people are ignorant of US naval power.  I would bet more foreigners see it than do Americans.  I had never even seen a US fighter jet in the sky until I was 16 and living in Germany.  Unless you live in the desert in the American west, you don't see much combat aircraft training in the US.  They usually train over deserts, mountains or water to keep the noise down for residents.  As for Navy, obviously, only those who live in or visit coastal areas will ever see it.  The only submarine I've ever seen with my own eyes was an old WWII boat in Mobile, Alabama.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.