Author: @ZHAN@

Why my English teachers like doing this?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-9 00:50:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-8 12:06
I did not have to enquire. The reason is plain for me to see. I have to blame myself. If you wish  ...

OK sure. I had objection to your blocking. You are not using abusing language or expletives. As far as I know, I believe you are following all rules for the forum. Wish you will be around here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 01:02:06 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-8 12:11
For all this may enlighten anyone, I am an avid reader (and thus in a position to cast doubts on a ...

I can not read anything other than English. I agree that my English is not as good as yours or others'. But it does not stop me from reading anything in English. Internet has made life easier for us. I can find out meaning for anything which one does not understand. I use google news and has subscribed to many news on fb as well as feeds on economy and news like bbc, cnn, newyork times, financial times, business insider, economist, cnbc, bloomberg, times of india, economic times, usa today, fox news, time, wall street journal, discovery science, china daily and so on. Of course, I do not go their site and check each one of them. But I do read from FB, feeds and google news whatever I find interesting. I hope you will consider them enough as major western medias even though they don't include other language media. My objection is only to their non-objective reporting. As I said elsewhere, when Russian rocket blew off, one of this media (perhaps bbc) finds it "gorgeous show". Do you think they will say so if it happens in USA or UK?

Apart from all these, I am a regular visitor of gizmo and tech sites like engadget, verge, slashgear, zdnet, cnet etc. Too much to read and not enough time. Planning to buy a tablet so that I can read easily anywhere. Busy these days for a few interviews. Wish I can grab a good position. Then will get on with more reading. Hope all goes well. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 10:10:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-8 21:34
I was merely expressing my own thoughts. Is that a crime?

No. But insulting others is. And that's what you did.
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 11:02:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-9 10:44
I did not "insult" the O.P. He has to accept views that question his integrity. I question it. He  ...

"moaner", "pisser", "losers" Yea these are definitely the words I would use to question someone's integrity and I wouldn't call them insults if someone pointed out their offensive nature to me.

BTW are you a teacher yourself? I hope you like your students, cuz hating someone you have to teach must be a terrible torment.
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-9 12:36:54 |Display all floors
Usually,teachers brought us a topic,and the we talk.But the more I went to school,the more unhappy I felt.Some of my teachers like complainting about China.They really enjoy doing this.The weather,traffic,food,education system...everything in China.
I think he is not happy because he does not have the guts to confront the teacher in the classroom to defend his beloved country. Which by the way, is certainly a great way to improve his english ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-10 11:45:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by gavingy at 2013-7-10 11:46
seneca Post time: 2013-7-9 20:23
Well, and he has no general education that would enable him to enter a dialogue or initiate a disc ...

Is it really that bad to be a teacher here in China? thought the Chinese were respectful to their teachers... at least that's the impression I got of my friends back in school and college... And sorry that your teaching experience turned out to be as painful as giving psychotherapies... the students must've been some horrible brats
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-10 13:22:25 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-7-9 07:02
You are a much nicer guy than I first felt you were. Thank you for the support. The ban I called u ...

You should try to control such behavior because you talk about the highest standards of morals. Or may be, you should try to change the direction of your wrath. You should bash those who try to bully others.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.