Author: voice_cd

Be our observer   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-8 01:03:23 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-7-6 23:24
I think that both - pedestrians and drivers - have the same problems with obeying the rules :)
But ...

NOT TRUE....DRIVERS HAVE NO RULES.....PEDESTRIANS HAVE ALL THE RULES....THATS WHY THEY HAVE PEOPLE ON THE CORNERS TO KEEP YOU OUT OF THE ROAD...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 09:12:12 |Display all floors
I think that both - pedestrians and drivers - have the same problems with obeying the rules :)
But ...

So far I do not see any changes for better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-8 09:13:01 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-7-7 01:54
HE'S the  Savior .......so he thinks

Ha ha, you always got humor.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-8 09:19:31 |Display all floors
butterflyin Post time: 2013-7-8 09:13
Ha ha, you always got humor.

more fun to laugh than to cry....

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-8 09:20:39 |Display all floors
But ...

you just don't it.....actually you don't get anything.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-3 07:20:12 |Display all floors
Thank you for your kind invitation.  I am sorry for being away too long.

These are just some thoughts coming up as i type:

- China is different; she has history and culture entwined with size and humanity;
- She preceded many other civilizations;
- She was disrupted by external forces;
- She is back and now hold pole position;
- She is confidently and assuredly working out step by step how to avoid the mistakes of others while making a real difference for all without sacrificing the principles that she has defended throughout her entire history.

Whenever foreigners look at her or try to analyze her ways, they cannot dissociate themselves from their own prejudices and mindsets locked by training made in their own settings. These settings are not the same as that evolving in China. Therefore, while they may be right in some observations, they seldom can get to the real heart of the matter.  

And because their media operate across the globe, what they think, write and disseminate then get distributed until the conglomeration of their opinions on China gets entrenched, increasing the very perspective on China that is the poorer without China's own perspective on herself.  

There are some who come to understand her in some ways but too many of them end up criticizing her by selectively using some facts and some fiction in order to sing tunes for their own bread and butter reasons. How they think this can ultimately serve one fifth of the world population and thus the world itself remains to be seen; they should ask themselves that first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-8-3 07:43:04 |Display all floors
Having set up the roof first, i would like to start with laying some bricks for the walls.

One brick about generating knowledge and using it to make progress. I observe how simple folks read charts on computer screens in stockbroking houses. They discuss amongst themselves the mechanics and dynamics of stock movements and price changes. It is quite an interesting observation because just thirty years earlier, you won't get to see anything like that. So, just like changes in fashion and garments, it is a phenomenon. In this case, the inception of appreciating and using information to try and achieve some objective.

But by knowledge, i mean more than just information. It should be a curiosity how the information was arrived at, what principles were used to generate it, and are there other ways of presenting it that can provide a fuller picture for sharper analysis and more accurate decision-making.  This is a dynamic in which the world outside operates under.  As we have seen, much of it has been devastated by that; however it doesn't mean that dynamic has no value. Because they have not really learned the lesson while we can observe it from the standpoint of someone new to it all, and thus ask the contrarian questions in order to reach stronger answers. In other words, we can create our own learning curve to ride above all the other earlier learning curves of the world. This is all the more important if we want to be able to provide better leadership than what has been seen so far from the histories of this world.

Another aspect of knowledge is lateral exchange. By this i mean while one can continue to package knowledge in classifying blocks and modules, and people specialize in one of them to the exclusion of all else, we must also be mindful of the end-objective of the entire exercise. It is not to just learn and develop. It is also to apply. And applications become all the more challenging as the world becomes more complex which however offers new opportunities everyday for new applications. And thus world markets.

Let me give an example. Say there is a room and in walks people who individually specialize in different things. One person is good in video games. Another in developing consoles. Yet another in micro-circuitry. Followed by someone clever in designing flight vehicles. Another on electro-mechanical engines. Yet another on climatology. One more on the physics of short and long frequency opto-electronics.

Now each of them good in their respective things may well be able to contribute to making progress just in their own areas of expertize. However unless they are super-smart, their progress will be incremental, and just within those areas.

But if they combine all their expertise and know-how across all boundaries, and criss-cross exchange their knowledge while targeting some other objective not immediately within the respective spheres of their scope, then something else can emerge.

You need all those experts in that room to drive a drone industry.

Drones can also be used for civil applications.

After all, a drone when high enough is just a:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hx6kh3

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.