Author: DSseeing

[Cross-culture marriage] [Original]Is “white fever” fading?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-29 02:02:44 |Display all floors
always attraction 'tween people of different race not just white infatuation  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e135:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-30 07:26:26 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-6-29 01:41
Isn't it odd that Japan is so technologicially advanced, but so socially primitive? Those male-dom ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-30 19:08:07 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2013-6-27 20:23
I disagree. I don't belive the economy has anything to do with it. I don't think 'white fever' wil ...

I could make plenty of money if I could charge to provide laowai partners for the many single female friends and acquaintances we have. Actually I refuse to get involved because I would not wish to be responsible for a bad match. However, most of these women are looking for laowai husband after a bad first marriage to a Chinese man..........and obviously because they are impressed with my wife's husband

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 13:04:32 |Display all floors

I think this kind of ¨envy¨ didn´t change much as two decades ago.

Chinese people has clear what really want. prosperity, good health and to get what they think is good for them and their children.

About the white fever or white preferences, it always will exists, even some trolls who are everywhere  will try to spoil them. White color is very important for many people in China even in their personal care, so i don´t think a economic change for good or bad would influence in Chinese preferences.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-11 01:59:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by snappysammy at 2013-7-11 02:01
gavingy Post time: 2013-6-27 16:33
Sorry but i found the terms "white fever" and "asian fetish" kinda racist, or at least ethnocentric. ...

CALLING SOMEONE WHITE IN CHINA IS NOT AN INSULT (IN CHINA) MOST CHINESE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE WORD CAUCASION  ......AND I CAN'T SPELL IT....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-7-11 02:02:54 |Display all floors
gavingy Post time: 2013-6-27 16:33
Sorry but i found the terms "white fever" and "asian fetish" kinda racist, or at least ethnocentric. ...

I GUESS YOU DON'T HAVE YELLOW FEVER
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-11 15:42:40 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-7-11 02:02
I GUESS YOU DON'T HAVE YELLOW FEVER

Nope. Or should I say not yet{:soso_e112:}
The North Remembers

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.