Views: 3636|Replies: 10

[Original]what's the price of watermelon in your city? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-23 15:50:32 |Display all floors
The hot summer has already come. Watermelon, which is most people 's favourite in summer, is popular on the market. I work in a small city in Zhejiang, people are rich here, so price of commodities are relatively higher than in my hometown, Xiangfan in Hubei province, which is in the central china. The average price of watermelon here is 2.5RMB/500g,  which is so expensive in my view. A small one can cost me RMB 10.00. I really can't accept the price. So I don't often eat watermelon. In my hometown, the watermelon is very cheap, the common price is 0.5-0.8RMB/500g, the most expensive one will not exceed RMB1.5/500g. So you can see the difference. I remember in my childhood, the watermelon was so cheap that you can buy one big bag of watermelon just by RMB10.00.  And the watermelon taste so sweet and nature. Now, the tastes of many fruit have changed. After all, I just can't find the taste of childhood. What a pity.So, what's the price of watermelon in your city. Is it cheap or more expensive?{:soso_e156:}{:soso_e156:}{:soso_e156:}
Today I‘ll do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-23 16:26:00 |Display all floors
bought in supermarket or wet-market or from street-vendor or from the farmer directly? wide price-range..
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-23 16:39:28 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-6-23 16:26
bought in supermarket or wet-market or from street-vendor or from the farmer directly? wide price-ra ...

In the supermarket, it is a little cheaper. But I live a little far from the supermarket. So usually I buy fruit from the street-vendor.
Today I‘ll do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-6-23 16:41:39 |Display all floors
Cheapest but good quality - around 1,5 RMB (street vendor), most expensive 2,5 RMB (supermarket).
I understand that the price in places where it is grown is probably much lower. It is simple business  calculation...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-6-23 19:26:27 |Display all floors
serina87 Post time: 2013-6-23 16:39
In the supermarket, it is a little cheaper. But I live a little far from the supermarket. So usual ...

just buy it and enjoy it.........the hotter the weather the better it taste....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-6-23 22:37:02 |Display all floors
The same price with yours. you  have to count the transport fee
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-23 23:08:46 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-6-23 22:37
The same price with yours. you  have to count the transport fee

But I still can't accept the price. The locals here plant watermelon. Why they set the price so high. So many things become much more expensive these years in China. My salary is low.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.