Views: 3708|Replies: 7

CO2 by the numbers: having the courage to do nothing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-12 18:48:58 |Display all floors
CO2 by the numbers: having the courage to do nothing

Posted on June 8, 2013        by Anthony Watts

Guest essay by Ed Hoskins.

Some simple numbers on the effect of CO2 concentration on temperature

As the temperature increasing effect of atmospheric CO2 is known to diminish logarithmically with increasing concentration, these notes clarify the actual amount of warming that might result from additional CO2 released into the atmosphere by man-kind and the temperature reduction impact of any policy actions to control CO2 emissions.

To understand exactly what might be achieved by political action for de-carbonisation the table below gives the likely warming, (without positive or negative feedbacks), that will be averted with an increase of CO2 from 400 ppmv to 800 ppmv, a full extra 400 ppmv, assuming that the amount of CO2 released by all world nations in future is reduced in future by 50%.

It shows the impact of the following countries or country groups with the range of both sceptical and alarmist assessments.

So the impact for the whole of the EU (27) is somewhere between 9 -73 thousandths of degree Centigrade and for the UK the range is between 1-9 thousandths of degree Centigrade.

To achieve this irrelevant and miniscule result the UK, European and other free world governments are willing to annihilate their economies to solve a problem that does not exist.

Western politicians should, “Have the courage to do nothing”.

UPDATE: A fuller essay is in  this PDF: Ed_Hoskins_CO2_concentrations

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 04:34:36 |Display all floors
CO2 is of course no problem at all, it would be if there was no CO2 tough since all plants would die right off. The problem is politicians that want a global CO2 tax for their New World Order (NWO) world zionist government. A global CO2 tax is really a danger to all of mankind and would ruin life as we know it for possibly centuries ahead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 05:03:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Motika at 2013-6-12 22:03

Tax or no tax out come is the same ! Buy self a case of beer enjoy the sunset. while the east Germans turn into dolphins !
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 08:10:11 |Display all floors
mikaelforsberg Post time: 2013-6-13 04:34
CO2 is of course no problem at all, it would be if there was no CO2 tough since all plants would die ...

The real global tax is feeding Rats.......

A very heavy tax
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 08:11:25 |Display all floors
mikaelforsberg Post time: 2013-6-13 04:34
CO2 is of course no problem at all, it would be if there was no CO2 tough since all plants would die ...

Look at you.......global tax?

What global tax?

You pay ah?

Who collects?

Such nonsense!
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 08:13:20 |Display all floors

Rats by the numbers......

A tiny minority of no moral immoral rats.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-13 08:16:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-6-13 08:16

How about having the courage to face reality........

Reality is what is mainstream science says

Deception is what rats do.......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.