Author: Laowai2?

[Original]Lijiang Yunnan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-14 17:43:37 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-6-14 15:06
Yes, I have already travelled extensively around China including Jilin, Heilongjiang, Sichuan, Gua ...

you can visit my hometown in the heart of China - the great Tujia people!! but you will never find it in the map!on second thought, we rather not have too many foreigners there. we want to keep it pristine and 'virgin'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-14 18:23:02 |Display all floors
redtide Post time: 2013-6-14 17:43
you can visit my hometown in the heart of China - the great Tujia people!! but you will never find ...

You are saying you are Chinese but insult Chinese women? How despicable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 01:33:50 |Display all floors
I have visited LiJiang for a few days, but it was back in 2005, so my information is not so current.  My wife and I stayed in the rebuilt "old city" part of town at a friend's little house.  The old town was very interesting to me, but could be considered "Disney-like".

We spent time riding around the countryside nearby on a rented motorbike.  That was the most interesting part to me.  There are also organized excursions available trough some of the hotels there that take you out of town to the countryside.  

Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Dragon_Snow_Mountain) towers nearby and is a good trip.  We took a day-long guided horseback ride in the foothills that was very nice.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 16:15:42 |Display all floors
ColoradoDan Post time: 2013-6-15 01:33
I have visited LiJiang for a few days, but it was back in 2005, so my information is not so current. ...

Thanks for the info, have made a note.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 19:12:44 |Display all floors
I am a Tujia from Xiangxi,Hunan. The beautiful places and things are hidden deep in the mountains. I think places of interests are not interesting at all, i'd like to see people in their daily life. In my hometown, there are people taking wood boats to the market, the farmers on the boat and the beautiful view along the river are my most memorable. Last time i was in Liye, i saw old people dancing the old dance on the plaza and wild flower all over the highland.  There are just so many interesting places and things that i cannot list all. I will send you a video i took last time if you are interested.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 19:26:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Laowai2? at 2013-6-15 22:18

This is my interest too, I try and avoid the obvious tourist attractions and try and seek out the interesting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 19:50:17 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-6-13 11:39
Lijiang is very beautiful but it is as beautiful as it is touristy...with all inconveniences linked  ...

I was in Xiamen. I liked to go swimming in the sea and walked on the beach . There is a old restaurant called Jia wei zai tian in Datong road that local people likes to visit. I saw old Xiamen men drunk and throwing glasses there, haha. Born in the middle of China, it was fun to see the food market in Datong road full of big seafood at night. Zhongshan street is worth exploring as some old buildings are still in life. I have many have to go places in Xiamen, like the beach, the restaurant i written above, a barbecue booth in Zhongshan road and the little island--Gulanyu. As for the island, i normally walked to places few tourists went, the buildings are amazing. By the way, i would suggest going there in Autumn when it is not very warm.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.