Views: 3458|Replies: 5

Australian skeptics outnumber believers say OECD. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-11 16:46:55 |Display all floors
Australian skeptics outnumber believers say OECD. Globally, 63% don’t want their dollars spent on the environment…
The bottom line is that a third of people are concerned enough to be willing to act, a third say they are concerned but are only paying it lip service, and a third are openly skeptical. What matters is that 63% of people around the world don’t want their governments to take any money from them to address environmental issues. There is constant media spin that skeptics are a tiny fringe minority. (See Al Gore deny a third of the population. See the BBC call them mavericks and say they give too much weight to “fringe views”.) The marketeers pushing the meme know that many people are swayed away from “extreme” views and towards the dominant paradigm. Life is just “easier” if you follow the herd, so the big-scare campaign scores a free kick if the public believe that skeptics are rare. If the media reported the situation accurately, more people would be happy to sit in the “skeptical” camp as it would be perceived as equally valid. As usual, those who believe in man-made global warming use every deceptive trick to push their policy, while skeptics simply benefit if the truth is told. While skeptics just outnumber believers in Australia, around the world about a third of the population is openly skeptical and more say they believe. Campaigners may pool the 46% of people who are are “environmentally motivated” with the 20% who are “technological optimists” (who believe technology will solve environmental problems) to get 66%. That would make two thirds of the population “believers” — but what does “believer” mean when 63% of the population does not want government policies to cost them a cent? It means they don’t believe very much.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-11 17:45:40 |Display all floors
Twenty Two Years Of No Actual Global Warming

Posted on June 9, 2013by stevengoddard

RSS shows 17 years of flat temperatures, but it is worse than it seems.

In 1991, Mt Pinatubo erupted  -reducing the amount of sunlight hitting the earth’s surface. This masked three years of El Ninos, and depressed global temperatures by about half a degree from 1991 through 1994. Without the eruption’s effects, temperatures would be flat to down for the past 22 years.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-11 18:07:46 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-11 17:45
Twenty Two Years Of No Actual Global Warming

Posted on June 9, 2013[/backco ...

If rats can do science.......

No need schools in this world.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-11 18:16:41 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-11 18:54:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-6-12 01:05

4 Hiroshima sized nukes going off every second.....365 days a year.

That is the extra energy equivalent trapped by extra CO2 from man burning of fossil fuels over the last 100 years.

Where did the energy go?

90% went into the oceans,
Others went to conversion of permanent frost into water and transition phases of ice to water to vapor ......and about 5% to heating the atmosphere.

In fact the whole process, the whole science is well understood.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-12 14:13:29 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-12 11:45
The fact that people in rich industrialised nations are unhappy about having to pay for measures to  ...

Every trick in the book......

Rat is a stupid  blind follower  of Morano cheese.

The rest of us are not as blind and stupid as you, sansukong!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.