Views: 12590|Replies: 21

[Original]I need your help with naming for a training program. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-6 17:36:32 |Display all floors
Hi all,
I need your help with naming  for a training program. Our  education bureau is planning a program for young teachers who have got great achievements in their teaching or managing work . The program will provide some leadership training for the young capable teachers and train them to become principal in the future.  Can you name for the program? Something like top teachers program or youth elite program?   Your ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-7 23:39:50 |Display all floors
got some ideas. Young Potentials, Principal-to-be,  Managerial Teachers, New Head etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 02:40:44 |Display all floors
What are you trying to accomplish in the name? Your selections "Top Teachers Program" and "Youth Elite Program" both seem like you want the name of the program to indicate very strongly that these people are being singled out because they are better than most. Is that what you want to achieve?

If you want the name of the program to reflect the content of the program, something like "Educational Leadership Training" or "Educational Leadership Program" would be appropriate.

Keep in mind that the name _should_ reflect what the program really is. Don't pick a flashy and impressive sounding name that doesn't tell anyone anything. Even "Top Teachers Program" could be interpreted a few ways, such as one for training people to be top teachers by learning from other top teachers. "Youth Elite Program" is so vague that all it tells you is that it's for young people who are somehow "elite". Are they rich? From prestigious families? Excellent athletes? Why are they "elite"?

Make the name make sense, so when people see it on a resume they'll understand the significance of being selected for the program.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-6-8 13:31:02 |Display all floors
Education elite program ?
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 19:16:04 |Display all floors
mandypang Post time: 2013-6-7 23:39
got some ideas. Young Potentials, Principal-to-be,  Managerial Teachers, New Head etc.

Very brief and good names. Thanks a lot. I just made a list of those names for my supervisor and I don't know which name is chosen eventually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 19:36:32 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-6-8 02:40
What are you trying to accomplish in the name? Your selections "Top Teachers Program" and "Youth Eli ...

Thank you very much for your answer. You share the same idea as one of my close friends and   the name of the program should reflect the content of program and let people know what it is about exactly when they see it, not just empty and flashy words.  Yes, people who are selected for the program are indeed better than most.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 19:39:49 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-6-8 13:31
Education elite program ?

Is the word "elite" used in a derogatory sense?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.