Views: 5072|Replies: 6

Marriage Statistic from BBC [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-4 11:15:41 |Display all floors
It said that in the USA now, 1/3 of all marriages started from online dating, and that these marriages are less likely to end in divorce than those which started in the traditional way.

Can someone find a similar stat. from China? I'm curious how our two countries compare.

Any other respectful comments?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-4 15:02:13 |Display all floors
For certain that the rate of divorce in China is incredibly HIGH!!!!! I heard from a few of my colleagues its about 35%!!! But kind of have no idea on whether the couples getting divorced are the ones that met through the internet/ weixin or if they were the ones who started the normal way!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 10:22:18 |Display all floors
kolbe_demon Post time: 2013-6-4 15:02
For certain that the rate of divorce in China is incredibly HIGH!!!!! I heard from a few of my colle ...

incredibly HIGH ?!
What makes you so sure?

I haven't heard a songle marriage started from Online dating.
Is online dating reliable?
Just check on dating websites.
People are just looking for one night stand.
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-7 05:46:36 |Display all floors
Being an American, I can say that a divorce is not going out of fashion. Stats will show less are being married, and more are living together.
After getting married to a Chinese girl, I was told Divorce is out of the question.

What would scare you more? Knowing your chances for a divorce is good with an American wife. or knowing your in it for life with a Chinese wife?

I prefer the Chinese!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 06:01:24 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-6-7 05:46
Being an American, I can say that a divorce is not going out of fashion. Stats will show less are be ...

The divorce rate in Chinese marriages is going north rapidly.  Dont know about cross-cultural marriages with Westerners but it would be interesting to find out.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-6-8 13:44:12 |Display all floors
Charlie-Chan Post time: 2013-6-8 06:01
The divorce rate in Chinese marriages is going north rapidly.  Dont know about cross-cultural marr ...

going north
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 19:17:27 |Display all floors
Charlie-Chan Post time: 2013-6-8 06:01
The divorce rate in Chinese marriages is going north rapidly.  Dont know about cross-cultural marr ...

Shouldn't be yo difficult to look up. My wife and I are happy enough after 3 years. It's the dreaded 10th year statistic that worries people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.