Views: 3718|Replies: 4

Why I think we're wasting billions on global warming, ...... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-3 18:22:08 |Display all floors
Why I think we're wasting billions on global warming, by top British climate scientist

By PROFESSOR MYLES ALLEN

PUBLISHED: 00:14 GMT, 26 May 2013 | UPDATED: 01:00 GMT, 26 May 2013

Excerpt:

The MoS has campaigned tirelessly against the folly of Britain’s eco-obsessed energy policy. Now comes a game-changing intervention... from an expert respected by the green fanatics themselves

Last week, I was part of a group of academics who published a paper saying that the faster, more alarming, projections of the rate at which the globe is warming look less likely than previously thought.

That may mean we can afford to reduce carbon dioxide emissions slightly slower than some previously feared – but as almost everyone agrees, they still have to come down.

So the time has come to focus on something just as important: that 90 per cent of the measures adopted in Britain and elsewhere since the 1997 Kyoto agreement to cut global emissions are a waste of time and money – including windfarms in Scotland, carbon taxes and Byzantine carbon trading systems.

Futile: Subsidising windfarms, like Whitelee on the outskirts of Glasgow is a pointless policy, argues Professor Allen

Do I think we’re doomed to disastrous warming? Absolutely not. But do I think we are doomed if we persist in our current approach to climate policy?

I’m afraid the answer is yes. Subsidising wind turbines and cutting down on your own carbon footprint might mean we burn through the vast quantity of carbon contained in the planet’s fossil fuels a little slower. But it won’t make any difference if we burn it in the end.

Read more ........

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 20:51:25 |Display all floors
We  all already know you are a Rat .
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 23:12:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2013-6-3 23:15

why does anyone want to read more?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 04:33:05 |Display all floors
I am with sansukong.  The sun has set over the central Arctic Ocean and sea ice extent is now increasing. While much attention has been paid to the record minimum Arctic ice extent set on September 16, 2012, winter sea ice extent in Antarctica has reached a record high. http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenew ... -summer-and-winter/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-5 10:58:51 |Display all floors
PATRICKHENRYUSA Post time: 2013-6-5 04:33
I am with sansukong.  The sun has set over the central Arctic Ocean and sea ice extent is now increa ...

Tell me.....why so many rats around here?

A rat hole?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.