Author: sansukong

97% Of Experts Agreed That We Would All Be Starving By 2000 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-8 01:52:15 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-6-7 01:35
And Seneca and I eat more rat porridge than you eat rice.

So while you go into the details, we alr ...
And Seneca and I eat more rat porridge than you eat rice.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 01:55:48 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-6-8 01:52
And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

It means I eat more salt than you eat rice.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 01:59:16 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-6-7 12:55

And you're proud of that?

I suspect you're translating a cliche from your native language into English and it's not working in English. If you ate half as much salt as I eat rice you'd most likely be dead. The human body can't process that much sodium easily.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-8 02:06:21 |Display all floors
I'm starving now, better go to eat!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 02:08:22 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-6-7 12:55

I see what you're doing now that I've looked up that phrase. You're trying to insult me. It's clear you're Seneca's friend since you resort to the same tactics when confronted with reason.

Keep in mind that this forum is visited by people whose native language is not English, and sometimes things that are obvious to someone in his or her native language are lost in translation. I was simply pointing out how Sansukong appeared to be using the title of the thread to mislead people to a conclusion that the article does not support.

I was also pointing out that the quote from one of my other posts that Seneca used was not appropriate in this context, but if you read the rest of my post you would see that I was SUPPORTING Seneca's point, just not his use of an inappropriate quote to support it.

And if you want your cliche to work correctly in English, you may want to change the verb tense to the present perfect: "I've eaten more salt than you've eaten rice.", since the idea behind the cliche is to imply that you have vastly more experience than I do.

I thought you were Chinese, and I thought Chinese were more civilized than you seem to be. Why must you immediately start out with insults when I was trying to support you buddy Seneca's point?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-9 09:54:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-3 21:10
China is one of the worst-affected countries. Lack of potable water is not new to rural Chinese; in  ...
Chinese won't be welcome to immigrate in Africa or Oceania.  

On the same note, you are not welcome to continue to stay in China, As a matter of fact you have long overstayed your welcome in China! Just what makes you think you are welcome to remain in China?
Translate ....

在同樣的注意,你是不受歡迎的以繼續在中國停留,
由於事實上,你長期以來逾期逗留的歡迎的在中國!

究竟是什麼使你認為你是歡迎的留在中國嗎?

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-9 17:48:36 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-9 09:54
On the same note, you are not welcome to continue to stay in China, As a matter of fact you have ...

You are a Malayan jungle rat....a no moral immoral rat......not the immigration authority of China.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.