Author: sansukong

.... The Earth Is Cooling [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-1 07:44:10 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-5-28 17:32
Published: Tuesday May 28, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Tuesday May 28, 2013 MYT 12:38:02 AMThinni ...

Excerpts:

Glaciers on Asia’s largest mountain range getting BIGGER

by ROBERT on APRIL 16, 2012

As are glaciers around the world.

"Satellite data shows that glaciers in part of the Karakoram range on the China-Pakistan border are putting on mass, defying (supposedly) the general trend toward glacier shrinkage."

Mt Everest region

"In an article entitled “Slight mass gain of Karakoram glaciers in the early twenty-first century,” Researchers from the National Centre for Scientific Research and the University of Grenoble admit to “an anomalous gain of mass” for the Karakoram glaciers."

"Meanwhile, correspondent Black tries to convince us that the majority of Himalayan glaciers are growing. “Late last year,” says Black, “the Kathmandu-based International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (Icimod) released data showing that across 10 regularly studied glaciers, the rate of ice loss had doubled since the 1980s."

“Ten regularly studied glaciers”? Make sure you caught that, because Mr. Black then begrudgingly admits that “these 10  intensively studied glaciers” are “among a total of more than 54,000.”We’re spending billions upon billions of dollars to fight global warming based on 10 melting glaciers? Ten? Out of a total of more than 54,000?What is wrong with our leaders? As a matter of fact, the Himalayas have lost no ice in the past ten years. We’re talking about the greatest chain of ice-capped peaks in the world – from the Himalayas to Tian Shan on the border of China and Kyrgyzstan – and satellite measurements show that they have lost NO ice in the past 10 years.

Not only have they lost no ice, in a defiant act of political incorrectness, some 230 glaciers in the western Himalayas – including Mount Everest, K2 and Nanga Parbat – are actually growing."

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 09:35:35 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-1 07:44
Excerpts:

rats like esoteric stuffs.

policies and common people is based on consensus among scientists.............and logical, rational and scientific.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 09:38:09 |Display all floors
esoteric  stuffs are found in forums like this,
posted by rats.

professional work is presented in Professional Conferences
found in professional magazines.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 17:00:16 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-1 06:44
Excerpts:

Himalayas have lost no ice in past 10 years, study shows

by ROBERT on FEBRUARY 8, 2012

We’re talking about the greatest chain of ice-capped peaks in the world – from the Himalayas to Tian Shan on the border of China and Kyrgyzstan – and satellite measurements show that they have lost NO ice in the past 10 years.

Mt Everest region

“The discovery has stunned scientists, who had believed that around 50bn tonnes of meltwater were being shed each year and not being replaced by new snowfall,” says this article in the Guardian.

Not significantly different from zero

Bristol University glaciologist Prof Jonathan Bamber, who was not part of the research team, said: “The very unexpected result was the negligible mass loss from high mountain Asia, which is not significantly different from zero.”

And yet, in 2009 the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) mistakenly stated that all of the Himalayan glaciers would  disappear in just 26 years, by 2035.
(See also world-misled-over-melting-himalayan-glaciers/ )

Why the discrepancy?

“Until now, estimates of meltwater loss for all the world’s 200,000 glaciers were based on extrapolations of data from a few hundred monitored on the ground,” the article explains.

But “extrapolation is really tough as only a handful of lower-altitude glaciers are monitored and there are thousands there very high up.”

In other words, we’ve been basing our dire global warming predictions – and taxing ourselves to death, and regulating ourselves to death  – on “only a handful of lower-altitude glaciers.”

Amazingly, even in the face of these new revelations, the lead scientist for the report insists that the loss of ice caps and glaciers around the world remains a serious concern.

“People should be just as worried about the melting of the world’s ice as they were before,” admonishes Professor John Wahr of the University of Colorado.

I don’t think I trust Professor Wahr.

See entire article:
http://m.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/feb/08/glaciers-mountains?cat=environment&type=article

Thanks to Del A. Hilber for this link

Many Himalayan glaciers are advancing

This story doesn’t mention it, but many Himalayan glaciers are advancing.

In a defiant act of political incorrectness, 230 glaciers in the western Himalayas – including Mount Everest, K2 and Nanga Parbat – are actually growing.

Not only are the glaciers advancing, 87 of the glaciers have surged forward since the 1960s, says a recent article in Discovery News.

See:
http://www.iceagenow.com/Glaciers_Growing_in_Western_Himalayas.htm

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 19:28:47 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-1 17:00
Himalayas have lost no ice in past 10 years, study shows

by ROBERT on FEB ...

so...................is it global cooling or is it global warming but  not due to CO2?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 19:29:51 |Display all floors
all these no moral immoral obstructionists rat...................

no shame.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 19:38:04 |Display all floors
thousands of reports from all over the world, don't want to know.

a small band of rats who can't get their works published, gets you so excited.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.