Author: sansukong

800 Scientists Demand Global GMO ....... [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-6-2 13:14:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2013-6-2 13:45
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-6-2 11:57
The processes in genetic engineering can be understood. It is not voodoo science.

so what is you ...

I have a distrust of the need for genetic splicing of different species, in particular that of animal in to vegetable matter etc and it's long term effects on the health of living creatures, not just humans.  This is an area where science cannot predict results with reliablity, as witnessed by a couple of recent studies in to the creation of toxic compounds in whales by the ingestion of assorted medicines found in waste. This problem is only just starting to be addressed in science and I do NOT trust any industry funded research papers as recent studies in both Nature and the Lancet have not been kind to the "oversights" and outright manipulation of clinical studies by pharmaceutical companies. If anyone is stupid enough to believe Monsanto, a known dirty player legally is above falsifying research data then they deserve all they get.  

I am all in favour of cheap good quality food, and that can be achieved by improved agricultural methods and the use of standard genetic improvement programs such as selective breeding rather than by gene splicing outside of the phylum. It would be far wiser to bring the human population expansion under control, and reduce the population by attrition than to allow GM foods to be grown.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-2 14:00:09 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-6-2 13:14
I have a distrust of the need for genetic splicing of different species, in particular that of anim ...

I think it is unreasonable fear.

Natural mutations, or designed mutations.........................still a mutation.

and once in stomach, it becomes muss.

Its the genes.

The process and the function of the manipulated genes can be understood,.

Nothing can stop bio technology, gene engineering.

These are in the fore fronts of science and will continue and very popular areas of industry and research.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-6-2 14:19:25 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-6-2 14:00
I think it is unreasonable fear.

Natural mutations, or designed mutations....................... ...

Have you ever studied genetics at university level?
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-2 15:16:32 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-6-2 14:19
Have you ever studied genetics at university level?

No but I think it is unreasonable fear.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-2 15:42:48 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-6-2 08:16
No but I think it is unreasonable fear.

Dream on
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-2 20:39:27 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2013-6-2 15:42
Dream on

can you describe the risk?

which part of the process produce risk?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 00:16:45 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-6-2 13:39
can you describe the risk?

which part of the process produce risk?

You think that science can do what took the time of mankind's whole existence. To be produced in a 10 year plan ?
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.