Author: sansukong

EUROPE ROLLS BACK GREEN ENERGY POLICIES [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-28 15:22:42 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-5-28 15:07
I am rather a victim of science. The studies in the field so far didn't apply proper statistical m ...

tell me..............................

what is wrong with this China forum?

why does this China forum attract so many anti science types like  this sansukong Rat and yourself?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 15:48:47 |Display all floors
why does this China forum attract so many anti science types like  this sansukong Rat and yourself?

You are aware that I'm a scientists myself, aren't you?

Look, personal attacks don't get you anywhere. Why don't you use scientific arguments if you want to proof me wrong? Perhaps because there are no scientific arguments? Or because you don't understand them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 16:02:29 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-5-28 15:48

Look, personal attacks don't get you anyw ...

I have pointed out a good source.

It's all up to you now.

As for me......I will continue my rat hunting activity around here.

But a parting comment.....

You who want to follow the path of rats......better have a thick skin and a no moral immoral brain.....because that is what you become if you become a rat.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 16:31:01 |Display all floors

Call yourself a scientist?

A disgrace is the truth.

Got a chance to promote green life style, green energy, green technology....you choose to reject and instead choose to be a rat, a sewer rat.

Ego got in your way?
Think you so smart?

Or just plain no moral immoral?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 16:31:30 |Display all floors

Call yourself a scientist?

A disgrace is the truth.

Got a chance to promote green life style, green energy, green technology....you choose to reject and instead choose to be a rat, a sewer rat.

Ego got in your way?
Think you so smart?

Or just plain no moral immoral?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 02:12:35 |Display all floors
If you really believe in your own competency as a "scientist" you should use your talents more wisely. You could for example point out Sans Souci's obvious fallacies and propaganda lies.

I agree with that... but honestly, if I would have to consider each and every scientifically doubtful post in this forum, I would have no time for anything else in my life

Anyway, in this specific case, I was simply pointing out that either claim is, strictly scientifically, a lie - because we have neither proved what caused the global warming nor why it stopped recently.
Some are suggesting CO2, some are suggesting vulcanoes, some (CERN and NASA) are suggesting cosmic radiation. Some claims suit certain politicians better than others... but no of these claims withstands proper statistical scrutiny.

Therefore, I'd suggest: if you want to sacrifice, don't buy solar panels or that latest green-tech gadget. Better devote time or money to science or the education of new scientists. We'd rather help a child in a poor country to get a proper scientific education and push science forward by doing so than blindly following some fashionable political movements.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 09:33:01 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-5-30 02:12
I agree with that... but honestly, if I would have to consider each and every scientifically doubt ...

firstly , the science of climate change is beyond dispute.

your opinion about the state of the science is  only Your Opinion ( derived I assume from ignorance).

More importantly..................promoting green energy, green technology, better life styles does not take away any thing from doing whatever good you are thinking of.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.