Views: 9901|Replies: 9

On culture--a brief talk [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-24 12:23:14 |Display all floors
I have translated an article about culture exchange some days ago, during which I feel the real meaning of culture exchange--borderless culture.
What is culture? It really is a broad concept. Food, music, arts, clothes, thoughts, histories etc, you will find culture is just nearby you wherever you go. So what do I mean by saying borderless culture?  In my opinion, whatever different countries they come from and whatever different languages they speak, as long as they enjoy the same culture they can generate the same sparks from their bottom hearts and an invisible mute communication happens naturally.  Since the barrier between can be broken in such way so I call it borderless culture. For example, it is Michael Jackson and other popular musi stars spread music art to the world. It is Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and some other Kungfu stars bring Chinese Kungfu to the world. There are lots of such examples that I will not list here one by one. Culture can be some senic places of interest or an art show such as calligraphy, music, paper-cut, and so on. In a word, culture can bring people from the world together and enable them share theri thoughts even they do not speak the same language.
Frankly speaking, i am a culture fan, however, i am not a professional culture expert so what i said maybe not that correct. Please be generous to share you ideas to me. Desperately awaiting for your response.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-27 10:14:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-24 21:29
Culture is a Latin word that can be Englished as "lifestyle". People have as many lifestyles as they ...

Nature genarates the most natural cultures. Though mankind has created many modern cultures yet unluckily we have also destroied lots of natrual cultures.
You make the soly memory to me: my favorite love end nowhere!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-27 11:15:53 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-27 10:54
"Natural culture"? What is that? Sounds oxymo ronic to me.

Created by myself.
The meaning by saying so is to show "the harmonious coexistence of nature and mankind".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 17:59:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-27 10:54
"Natural culture"? What is that? Sounds oxymo ronic to me.

Could it be the culture of natives like the North American Indians befor eth ewhite man cam to the Americas.  Coul dit be the culture of people that try to harmonixze with nature.    I don't know just an abstract thought.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-28 20:45:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-28 19:08
I wish Languagase would address this question.

Are you convinced the Native Americans lived "in h ...

I do not believe in totality - but I do believe some tribes lived more in harmony with nature than others.  I attened an Algonquin Sunrise Ceremony in Algonquin Park about 7 years ago.  In that ceremony they were teaching the people the importance of harmonizing with nature.  There lesson was use what you need no more no less.  I ad mit I would be naieve to believe all people obeyed that spirit but it is a good start.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 11:04:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-27 20:56
I do not understand your explanation, afraid, Sir. Nature is the opposite of culture: It is raw wh ...

Sorry to reply to you late, I was out yesterday. The "natural culture" I mentioned here can be explained in another phrase as ecological culture, which is a new culture style and cannot be described as a specific thing but a method or a way of to cultivate people's ecological awareness and adjust people" s conducts to harmniously coexist with nature, representing the nobleness of human's long - term development.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 11:06:01 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-5-28 17:59
Could it be the culture of natives like the North American Indians befor eth ewhite man cam to the ...

Yes, can be said as people's thought not a specific thing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.